Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Don't take it!

I finally got some sleep, about 10 hours, and woke up feeling charged if not energized.  Nuances. 

I got up, did my God Time, shower, teeth. 

It may interest you.  Since I have horrible gingivitis (it runs in the family, and I have a very dry mouth due to medication), I have to do a bit to care for my teeth.  I use the plaque buster rinse, brush with a child's toothbrush (gets into the nooks and crannies better), and floss.  Twice a day.  My gums seem happier and less swollen. 

Like a lot of people, I have nightmares about my teeth falling out.  Ugh.  I plan to put that off as long as possible, although Ron tells a story of a girlfriend who used to take her teeth out...

We went to Walmart.  Ron complained I wasn't "fun" and "was mean".  I told him it was depression; I wasn't mad at him.  We basically agreed mental illness sucks, and takes a toll on the whole family, yet another reason I never had kids.

If you are crazy, and bred, fine.  I don't tell people what to do.  But for me it wouldn't have been fair to the child. 

I decided to investigate the Sam-E.  However, I always read the label.  When it says "Do not purchase or use if you have bipolar disorder" - it's time to put it back on the shelf.  I did get some b-6, though.  It's supposed to be good for joints, depression, and bad gums (!).  I took it about an hour ago, I feel fine, so I don't think I'll have a reaction. 

I got everything I wanted on my list, travel food, mints (!) - dry mouth!, drink mix, energy bars, etc.  I put them in an old backpack when I got home.  I also got some beans & wieners, and small cans of veggies.  I can absolutely "do" that with my afternoon medications.  While taking a shortcut, I found a nice looking pair of steel-toed sneakers.  I got them.  They fit very well and are comfortable.  Nice toe bed, too.  Cute. 

I'll probably take those when we travel.  A kick from those will leave a lasting memory, should we encounter a Bad Person. 

I need to finish washing my jeans, but it's very hot and I'm not wanting to do it right now.  Ron doesn't like me to run the dryer and the air conditioner at the same time, and I agree. 

I bought some weatherstripping, still working on getting the cat door perfectly sealed.  It looks a lot better but there's still an air leak. 

But is that bad?  Fresh air is probably a good idea.  A little, at least. 

I also found some mouthwash with aloe, Echinacea, and Goldenseal.  Those are really good oral care herbs.  I bought it.  It tastes fine when I use it but it does have a interesting wakeup flavor, hours later.  I plan to use it at the end of my oral care routine. 

Shampoo, and tampons. 

My cycle FINALLY started.  In my worst nightmare I bleed on Ron's friend's sheets.  So I plan to bring tampons as a backup to my usual cup hygienic practices. 

The cup has been working fine for me.  I just wish my cycle were a little more reliable.  I never know how long I'll be spotting, the heaviness of the flow, or even when it's due.  Welcome to pre-menopause. 

I'm really ready to be done with it.  My only concerns would be cardiac - estrogen does help the heart, and bone - a woman loses bone mass after menopause.  I don't care about breast firmness or any of that.  Ron's not a boob man anyway.  I mean, he likes them, but it's not the primary focus. 

I have probably just ruined your dinner, and I apologize. 

We came home.  I felt awful.  I ate enough to hold my pills, and took them.  I went to bed, and got a good nap, in spite of ambient noise.  Ron was pretty quiet though. 

Torbie slept with me, next to my head, which I love (I won't squash her, yet she's available for petting and admiration).  She likes me to tell her she's pretty, and she is. 

I woke up, weatherproofed my shoes and new purse, put insoles in my shoes, took out the trash - Ron found the cane very helpful in getting it out to the front yard - then I filled it with "my" trash and took it out to the street.  I threw away an old pair of shoes developing holes in the soles, packed my food, and cleaned up the front room. 

I'm tired, but not exhausted.  Tomorrow looks to be pretty busy but not horrible. 

No comments: