Sunday, October 11, 2015

Imagination

I woke up around 8 AM, pretty depressed. 

We have to get up (I do, at least) at 2 AM tomorrow.  We have three deliveries and a repairman, coming in.  The repairman has proven rather erratic. 

"He laughed at little too hard" Ron said last week "At my joke about sobering up before he came by".  [twitch]

I didn't take a shower, but I did do my God Time.  I watched Law & Order reruns.  I took my medication. 

I got tired, and considered going to bed again, to grab some sleep.  I regret I didn't. 

I did go to bed around noon, but shortly afterward, Mr. #6 let his children out to play, loudly, in the backyard right next to my bedroom wall.  I got up for a while.  I noticed he was also playing music.  In my experience, hyperactive children + music = party.  Now, they are "about" due for a party due to my calculations, but I figured it to be next weekend.  However, 3 strange cars out in front of the house kind of contradict that point. 

I waited until the kids wore out (not long, in this heat) and put some cinderblocks behind my gate.  As you know, I have had ongoing problems with the kids during parties, bringing their friends to have their own party in my yard 'cause they "Lost the ball". 

I didn't have a problem with "getting the ball".  I did have a problem with 10 kids running around in my yard, chasing each other, and screaming. 

I finally realized they never had this problem in other yards, and, a few months ago, said "We have the same deal you have with the other neighbors - don't come over, when I find the ball I will throw it back - but don't come over at all.  You are disturbing my very sick husband."  I had told them, repeatedly, not to come over asking for the ball, or permission to enter the yard, because the doorbell-ringing was waking Ron. 

I also disabled the doorbell, last month. 

Last Christmas the kids didn't come over, but an adult did, in a sneaky fashion, and I wasn't happy.  What part of stay off my property is so hard to understand, especially when you respect that with the other two neighbors? 

Anyway, it would be very difficult to open my gate now. 

I came back in and watched The First 48 for a little bit, then went back to bed again. 

This time, I did sleep for a couple of hours.  That's all I need, that, a couple of hours tonight, and ideally a couple more hours tomorrow, when we get home. 

Soda delivery day is just Not Fun. 

Ron's cane arrived.  He had been musing the other day, how he wanted something "Not the wheelchair, the walker, or hanging onto you".  I told him I'd ordered the cane. 

He was pretty upset at first: "I'm not old!". 

"Ron", I said with amusement "You use a wheelchair.  That personifies "feeble".  Yet you don't want to use a cane?"  He agreed it didn't make sense. 

He agreed, the next day, to "try" the cane.  He has been marching all over the house with it, a spring in his step.  He looks good. 

"I see you using it at home (not when you're drinking - as he laughed), a restaurant, or maybe Walmart - just a place you aren't going to be walking much, and maybe don't need the walker."  He nodded. 

I told him he didn't put as much weight onto me when he held onto my shoulder, which I liked.  He didn't know it was a problem, and it's not, but going up stairs or coming off a curb it can be - I'd be putting over 300 pounds on one knee joint.   I always shake him off at that point. 

He is only wearing briefs and a t-shirt today, so no photo. 

You'll just have to use your imagination. 

No comments: