Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pit Bull

Two delivery days in a row. 

I'm pretty exhausted. 

Yesterday, Dr Pepper.  I also found out my phone didn't work.  The sales rep didn't set up the auto pay so the phone "suspended". 

That was fun. 

We worked a long day, came home, I think I got a nap, and then went to the sporting goods store.  I looked around and found a few things. 

By the time I got home, I was wiped out.  I took my medication and went to bed. 

We had truck day today.  30 cases of soda plus another 20 or so of snacks.  I decided to "try" the peach iced tea.  Ron loves it, and so do the customers.  I think I'll be selling a lot more in the future. 

Of course I had that one customer - the one who wants the thing no one else wants, and not even that often. 

I'm sorry, I need to move a high volume of product.  I can't just tie up inventory and shelf space in case you "feel" like buying the specialty item now and again. 

I didn't say that, of course.  I believe I told her "We can only stock items that will move quickly, and it wasn't moving quickly."  With an an apologetic smile, of course. 

I can stock insanely popular, popular, and moderately popular items, but that's about it. 

I did everything, and even stocked the gum and coffee (not in the same machine!  [giggle])

Ron and I had an argument before work - he was, in my opinion, being completely unreasonable.  I told him so and put on my headphones. 

He had some time to think while I was getting our merchandise, and apologized to me by the time I finished.  Sincerely.  He even said "I acted like an asshole". 

I forgave him. 

We had enough time at work that I could do my job and help him with his.  For instance, Soda 2 needed several cases.  However, Ron was busy doing other things. 

Now, I could have said "That isn't as important, you need to do this", but, since I had done my work and I had time, I could just go do it myself.  Ron was very grateful. 

I will say this: as a husband, and a boss, Ron has become very appreciative.  I am a hard worker and I will do whatever it takes, but I do like to hear "Thank you, you are a huge help to me" now and then - and he does let me know. 

After work, we had to go to the cell phone store.  Our sales rep messed up the account when he set it up. 

I found out when the phone stopped working yesterday due to "overdue bill".  We had set it up, we thought, for auto-pay. 

We had to go to the mall and spend a fair amount of time sorting out the account, paying the bill, and setting it up for autopay.  I have what I need to do a lot of this stuff online now. 

I love my phone.  I love what it does.  It is perfect for me.  I have been very happy with the company, and figured it was just a billing screw up. 

I was right. 

Ron was my "pit bull".  He definitely went on the attack.  I was the "good cop", reining him in.  "I'm sure they're going to fix this, Ron."  "They'd better!" 

They got it fixed.  Ron also has the number to file a formal complaint against the sales rep. 


All that done, finally... time for dinner - but the lines at all the food court were huge.  We went to Taco Bell. 

My pills are OK with a chicken burrito and chicken quesadilla.  I was a little worried I'd be nauseous all night. 

I'm not, but boy am I tired. 

Thank God I have tomorrow off. 

No comments:

A trip to the hematologist

I slept OK but woke up really tired.  I hit the snooze alarm a few times, much to Biscuit's disgust.  But I'm getting ahead of mys...