Sunday, February 1, 2015

Crazy Crossing

Houston is nearly 2 thousand miles from both cities participating in the Superbowl.  For some unfathomable reason, #6 and a couple other homes decided to host Superbowl parties. 

My Dad has always been a big football fan.  I used to watch "the game" with him every Sunday.  Our team made it to the Superbowl more than once, growing up. 

I get fandom.  I don't get watching it, if your team isn't playing.  I'm sorry, but sitting around for hours, watching teams you don't care about, watching for the commercials34eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttqqqqqqqqqqq1tttttttttttttt y7

Well, it appears the kittens were busy while I hung up a sheet over the window.  I need to hang some vertical blinds, but the sheet will work for now (it's a back window).  That's one thing that bothers me about people coming in my yard - looking in my windows.

So, everyone, even #6, who has never had a Superbowl party in our tenure, is having a party.  I'm going to stay up until they finish. 

I got a nice long nap today.  Ron was right, though, the guy only fixes up his yard when he has guests. 

Ron even told me "He's having a party".  He was right. 

Anyway, I'll deal.  We all know in my perfect world, the neighbors don't exist.  I don't hear them, I don't see them, etc. 

In my case #6 is very pushy so I have to have some strong boundaries.  My house was vacant for a couple years before we bought it, so he got accustomed to treating it as his personal property.  It's not. 

My favorite, other than trying to take our driveway because they bought a passenger van and only then considered parking - when he followed me onto the paratransit vehicle one day and demanded I go in my backyard and retrieve a soccer ball his kids had lost some time before. 

I told him I'd throw it back when I got home, and he got an attitude, wanted it "now!".  It was a school day and the school provides everything.  I indicated the vehicle, Ron rising up on the wheelchair lift, and said "They can't wait for me to go get it.  I'll get it later." 

As I told them after the last incursion, I will look every day.  I will throw back anything I find.  But please give my yard the same respect you give the others (I know they aren't just running wild in everyone's yard, just mine).  I do look, daily. 

I wish I had blocked the gate, but it's too late now.  The next time he has a sudden urge to do yardwork, I'll block the gate. 

Anyway, I'm playing my music, a lot louder than usual.  I really doubt, and I told Ron, we can call in a noise complaint on Super Bowl Sunday.  We had 3 parties just on my block. 

2 AM on Tuesday night? Absolutely.  Tonight?  Forget it.  

I can only imagine the parties had the Texans (our local team) or Cowboys (200 miles away) made it to the bowl.  However, nearly everyone has to go to school and work tomorrow. 

I think I'll do my God Time tonight, for tomorrow.  If I have the time/energy I can do it again.  The game will probably end in an hour and a half.  I'll go to bed after all the vehicles leave. 

It's bad for me to lie in bed, listening to them party.  It does things to my head.  I have Bad Thoughts.  I get resentful, bitter, and angry.  Better to stay up, albeit against my will. 

Too bad I can't go live in Crazy Crossing, the subdivision where everyone is very quiet, respectful, mindful of property lines, and goes to bed at 5 PM every night.  No barking dogs, just quiet cats and vehicles. 

A girl can dream. 
 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need really good noise canceling headphones. But I guess with Ron you would afraid to do that and not hear if something happened.

Heather Knits said...

Pretty much - one, if he has a problem and calls for help; two, if he has a blackout and I need to hide. I do have some good earplugs, they are not comfortable for sleeping but they do work in a pinch, for a while, if I know Ron is up and OK.