Saturday, June 7, 2014

Guy with a truck

Busy today. 

Neighbor kids' party lasted until after my bedtime, somewhere around 9 PM.  I acknowledge I'm the "freak", wanting to go to bed early, I just wish I could get a little more sleep. 

I was a little bug-eyed riding around today, I kept watching the other cars. It's an exhausting way to live.  "I'm sure this will wear off" I told Mom "Like it did when the house was robbed."  I used to hate coming home every day, wondering if we'd been robbed again. 

What would they take?  My small, low-def TV?  My ancient computer?  I sure don't have anything else they'd value. 

Anyway, I took a shower, using my nifty new showerhead.  I like it.  I hope it saves us some money on the waterbill. 

We went to the warehouse and got supplies, then went to work and stocked.  We went back to the warehouse and got more supplies, then back to work and stocked. 

Our guy-with-a-truck found Ron and firmed up plans for our big outing next week. Awesome.  I also put out a request on Facebook for more truck folk, if they're inclined to help us (for pay of course). 

We fixed a vending machine - seems like they get glitchier as they do more business.  More volume = more headaches.  However, Ron and I are mechanically inclined.  Praise God we got it going. 

I stocked a few things and a whole lot of bottled soda and Gatorade.  It's really hot + construction workers = duh.  I would like to earn the money, not throw it in someone else's register. 

I have been considering my product lineup.  One of my "kids" asked for some of the Zapps Crawfish chips.  "The Craw-tators?"  That's it! 

Look for them on Friday.  We're getting a wholesale delivery.  I'd been wondering if this "lot" would like them.  If someone goes out of the way to request something I'm considering anyway... well, that's easy. 

I also plan to get more of the big bag hot cheetos.  "Can we move [sell] them?" Ron asked. 

I laughed pretty hard.  They are my #1 seller. 

We came home and did the monthly report.  Ron was so happy with the numbers he gave me a bonus, and a raise (I got a sum today and will be getting bigger paychecks). 

I think I earned it.  I took huge paycuts to buy inventory when times were rough, I work tirelessly, and I love the business like my own child.  It's nice to see it love me too. 

No trips tomorrow, so I can sleep in.  Then more accounting work, hours, but mostly me working.  I might even slap some henna on my head and do the report... nope, I can't. 

I don't want the henna sitting on my glasses frames for any period of time.  I'll figure something out.  It's not like I "need" to do a henna. 

I guess I'm just used to doing a henna treatment on my odd day off. 

No comments: