Monday, June 16, 2014

Tasks

You might think, and rightly so, it would completely suck to get up at 2 AM, after a poor sleep, and go to work at 4. 

Most times, you'd be right - but when I'm this depressed I do better with tasks. 

Ron has been pretty awesome, as I tell him everyday "Still horribly depressed".  I don't think he's taking things as personally, either. 

So, we got up and took some merchandise to work.  I stocked, waiting on our deliveries, which both came at the same time.  Sandwich guy got a drink, and Dr Pepper guy got a meal (sandwich, chips, drink) because he helped me unload the pallet (I had my back brace). 

Ron and I made up a new word (we do on occasion) "Snocking" - for stocking snacks.  I did that.  I did food.  I cleaned the microwaves.  I organized our corner of the stockroom.  I talked to the other vendor, who told me her area won't open for another month.  She is not very happy about that. 

"They" had our area done a month before schedule.  I didn't mention that.  The other vendors have been agitating for a bigger, additional, stockroom.  In addition to the one they weren't even going to build us, but did.  [wry shrug] 

I paid a few refunds and figured out a coil for my "Sour Brite Crawlers" gummy worms.  They seemed like a good idea at the time.  We'll see what the customers think.  It's all about making them happy. 

I had plenty of leftovers, which makes me really happy.  I just need to do a "will call" with the other wholesaler and get a couple items. 

The only problem was "takeout guy" bugging me for condiments again, today.  Why not bring them with the rest of your food?   I didn't say it but I did wonder. 

All done, short wait, and then we're home.  Good trips today. 

Our neighbors were really quiet last night, but I was pretty agitated and had trouble sleeping.  I was functional anyway.  Took a shower, washed my hair, because I hate the smell of it when I'm depressed.  Natural hair oils have a scent and it's depressing to me, it reminds me of times when I was so depressed I couldn't even shower. 

Better to "waste" a little water.

I do love our new showerhead. I think we'll save on the water bill.

I woke up with Torbie on my foot, which was very nice.  We did God Time together after my shower.  I'm glad Ron took me to get new glucosamine treats, I gave her the last one out of the old bag. 

The glucosamine has helped her become an active little "Rocket" (Ron's name).  I like to see her happy.  I love it when I walk over to pet her and she raises her head, into my hand, as I do. 

Ron had a rather troubling experience during my nap.  I heard a terrible noise and woke up.  Ron had run over Baby Girl in his wheelchair. 

She was pretty pissed. 

Ron is now using his long white cane to navigate the house.  We don't want a cat with a broken leg. 

I lay in bed, listening to Ron tapping down the hall, thinking "I am married to a blind man with many physical problems, who uses a wheelchair", and I was OK with it. 



No comments: