Monday, June 30, 2014

Today is done

I hate it when I can't sleep. 

I had to get up at 2 AM today, delivery day.  To their credit, all the neighbors were incredibly quiet.  I just.  Couldn't.  Sleep! 

I finally lured Torbie to bed with some treats.  She laid by my head and that knocked me out. 

I got up at 2, hit the snooze once only.  Yay.  I drank my Diet Mountain Dew and took my shower.  My hair was fine, so I didn't wash it. 

I did my God Time, all of it.  I love getting it done early. 

I ate and took my meds.  Our ride arrived. 

Why would anyone honk a horn in a quiet subdivision at 3:30 in the morning?  I was looking out for him.  I went out and asked him to please be quiet, people are sleeping.  I pointed at all the dark houses around us.  Oh, sorry. 

He made a lot of racket unfolding the ramp, then talked loudly to Ron as he loaded him, until I reminded Ron - NEIGHBORS! 

After that, the driver thought I was a bitch.  Kept telling me I "needed to relax".  He's a horrible driver!  How can I do that?  He's as bad as the guy who got in the wreck. 

I said everything very politely.  I don't see how I could have done it differently.  I do not want my drivers waking up my neighbors, especially when the neighbors are going above and beyond to be respectful to me. 

Some of the paratransit cab drivers are doing this as a "last resort", to earn money.  They don't have any professional driving experience and treat it as a horrid indignity.  They don't tend to last very long, have good attitudes, or be very safe.   This guy fell into that category. 

He was muslim.  I don't care about that - but when Ron was talking "religion" in the back he made some strangling noises at a few of Ron's comments "He stayed dead... going to hell..." 

I told Ron, later, after Ron had given him a tract. 

Anyway, we got our favorite guy from the other vendor's business, and two old ladies who were going to dialysis.  God himself will have to come down and tell me to take dialysis. 

Ron agrees - and more importantly my family knows our wishes.  We got to work.  I brought in my snacks and stocked. 

The other vendor was in a pretty good mood, until he found out Dr Pepper swapped our old, piece of crap, soda vendor, for a brand new machine.  He got a little bitter about that, kept saying he was going to "take" it.  Our name's on the papers.  Our lock in the machine (I installed it).  Good luck. 

Ron and I were pretty worried about the new ice machine.  The maintenence guys plugged it in on our vending circuit, currently occupied by a bottled vendor, cold food vendor, and a coffee machine.  We thought for certain it would overload the circuit. 

Happily, we were wrong.  Every compressor was humming along at the same time, all of them working.  "God did something to those amps in the wall" I told someone. 

The bottled vendor was nearly empty - I think the ice machine will actually bring it a lot of attention.   It may benefit our business. 

That problem solved, the coffee machine began making half cups. [SCREAM!]  "That's an O-ring" our repairman told us.  "I'll come out Wednesday". 

Thank God we will get reimbursed - eventually. 

It's a good thing I trust our repairman implicitly. 

We'll get it eventually.  People are addicted to coffee, therefore far more cranky when the machine has problems. 

I did snacks and realized we could take tomorrow off.  Yay. 

Sandwiches arrived and were stocked, into the cold food vendor NOT on the ice machine circuit (just in case).  We do need to get some more cold food items. 

The other vendor asked how to get his new badge.  I told him, wait until 10 and talk to the lady.  They left at 9. 

Don't you want to get into the building? 

I guess not.  I was running wild, what with the soda delivery (40 cases), putting that up, stocking the other machines, helping Ron stock ("You're a big help today" he told me sincerely), getting the soda machines swapped out, figuring out the new soda machine (I asked the delivery guys), stocking the bottled vendor, putting bottled drinks in the fridge, filling the change bank, filling the new soda machine, getting rid of trash, you get it. 

BUSY! 

Thank God Ron, as a bonus, buys me a case of bottled Diet Dr Pepper now and then.  He keeps it in our fridge and I can help myself. 

That's a good bonus. 

I didn't have time to get my badge done, but I'll check on Wednesday.  We have a little time. 

We went to the bank, I got paid.  Yay. 

Our pickup was early.  I saw him in the parking lot and waved cheerfully.  He came right over.  We got home early. 

Baby Girl let me have a tummy rub when she saw I'd brought Daddy home. 

I ate yesterday's takeout burger, my pills, and half a diet soda leftover from breakfast. 

I took a nap, right before the neighbor children came home.  Even hours of happy toddler noises and childish shrieks couldn't stop my nap.  I was out.  I just had odd dreams about noisy kids. 

Thank God, today is done. 

No comments: