Sunday, September 8, 2013

The cats have made a real man out of me

Pretty depressed today. 

Good news, lots of nice cuddles with Torbie.  I feel so sorry for her former "owners" having to give her up.  They must miss her every day. 

I had a flashback to the old Bubba days when Baby Girl (aka Varmit) brought home a live Katydid.  Bugs can scream, you know.  Boy, did it scream.  So did Ron. 

Varmit, being a good daughter, brought it into my room at first, until I shouted at her.  Torbie got up, fascinated "What's this?  Oh, how exciting!" while taking a few bats at it with a multicolored paw.  She used to be such a nice girl. 

Varmie then dragged her treasure into Ron's room (Ron should have shut the door the second he heard the racket, he's out of practice).  Ron started screaming my name.  I laid in bed for just a second, thinking "What if I didn't get up" and then envisioned Ron frantically whacking everything with his shoe, including Torbie.  Can't have that. 

I got up, got a shoe from under the bed, and found the victim.  I shoved Varmie out of the way with my left arm and whacked the bug with my right.  It's dead.  I left it there and went back to bed. 

I got up a couple hours later.  The bug was gone.  God only knows. 

I took my shower and did my God Time.  I feel wierd without a wedding ring.  I worry that people think we're fighting and I'm mad at Ron.  I need to get a new one.  We're going to go to Walmart tomorrow.  Hopefully I can find something cute in titanium or tungsten, in a 7.  I need something durable 'cause vending is rough on my hands. 

Torbie's lying on the couch behind me.  I had to change out the pillowcases, I still have it covered with the orange sheet, orange towel on the seat.  However, the black pillowcases, a poly-cotton blend, made me sweat a lot when I'm doing my God Time. 

I can only sleep on cotton sheets, I think because the meds make me sweat a lot.  Same for back support, apparently.  So, I went digging in my storage and found a cute comforter cover and matching shams in an orange-yellow-red, mostly orange.  I have a cheap duvet, designated for the couch - it folds out into a bed.  I covered it, and put that over the end of the couch where I broke my toe last year (nice and padded, now).  Then I covered the pillows and positioned them.  Torbie seems to like it.  She is partly orange so she blends right in.  I can't believe BARC called her a "brown tabby"! 

I like to call her "Beautiful" because she is, inside and out.  She is one of my most favorite cats. 

She never brings me "treats". 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm the wife who screeches for my husband to come deal with what we euphemistically call "palmetto bugs" when one gets in the house-I want to retch just thinking about smooshing one of those things. I don't know how you do it. I suppose everyone in the world has their own idiosyncrasies.