Saturday, September 14, 2013

264

If you're active on Facebook, you may have read those outraged posts "Someone unfriended me!". 

Well, someone did.  I can only conclude it's because they either believe in that "Name your healing and you will receive it" nonsense, or they were offended by Ron's diabetic leg photos.  I'm guessing the latter. 

Hey, I'm trying to WARN you!  If the images alarm you that much, you need to look at your diet and see your carb counts. 

It's funny because I have posted about the Mark of the Beast, the Rapture, sin, hell, salvation, stated that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.  Ron asked me to put up a video called "Big Butt Women" by Horace Trahan (it's a cute Zydeco song).  No one had a problem with that. 

But a diabetic blister sends them running, and now I'm down to 264. 

Am I upset?  No. 

Baffled. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is silly of them and those wounds are no that gross, i see worse ..often..nore are they t "diabetic blisters", although. I bet the neuropathy and drunken states cause him not to feel the massager b

However your " diagnosis" of diabetes is correct
,not to mention his pancreas being assaulted by downing so much hard core alcohol over his life.

I have said this before. You are his palliative care " nurse" but you rely to much on the Internet. Resources seem to suck for you. But a good wound care nurse could help get you both on the right track. I work community health so my services go to the public, perhaps there is something there?
Don't discount the healthcare profession or our education, you ome from smart, you are smart, you know fom your bible study learning is layered not just accumulated

Heather Knits said...

Well.

I didn't diagnose Ron diabetic. The blood sugar meter and the AIC test did that back in 2008. However, neither Ron or I were willing to accept that at the time. When I mentioned that to Ron's Doc, he said with Ron's fasting blood sugar readings at home he was full blown diabetic, HOWEVER he has managed it very well with very limited alcohol intake, low carbohydrate eating, etc. He even gets on the exercise bike every day.

Ron's primary issue when he gets a blister (and it is a full blown burn appearing blister) is protein! If he gets enough protein, as he did with the last one, it heals pretty quickly. The scab has already fallen off since the photo and it is essentially healed.

When we have gone to the doctor for the blisters, I am always required to convey the entire medical history. They read that and I assume, figure out I am compotent to do wound care. So they just have me do it.

When he had multiple blisters, I would use a different q tip for each so I wouldn't cross-contaminate. I also used different cotton balls when doing the disinfectant portion of the program (disinfect, then apply neosporin). Ron was always happy to have me do it.

God knows I signed up for that when I married him. I'm just happy he has pretty much put the [censored] massager away and only has 1-2 light beers every night.

Anonymous said...

It may not be the nicest thing, but why not just misplace the massager?

Heather Knits said...

After Ron's accident, I promised I would never lie to him. I aim to keep that promise.

If he "lost" it he would probably ask me to help him find it = lying.

I keep praying it breaks, though. I won't help him get a new one.