Saturday, September 7, 2013

Each other

I just adjusted the towel on my chair, thinking "Someone seeing this would probably think I have an elimination issue".  I don't, praise God.  But I do spill drinks, and I have a vomiting cat. 

Bubba was probably the worst for that.  He loved to eat things that didn't "agree" and then he'd huck it up in my bed, usually, the floor, chair, or couch.  I loved Bubba so I developed work arounds.  Mainly, a lot of towels on things.  I noticed it helped a lot with spilled drinks and food (I hardly ever eat at the table), Ron messes, and such. 

So, I've kept them. 

The last couple days have been insanely busy.  Work, lots of it.  Looks like they really did merge the Beaumont processing center with our location.  They are also bringing in the District Office, AND building a major expansion. 

That equals a lot more postal workers, hungry contractors, and more business.  Which equals a LOT more work for me. 

Don't get me wrong, I have a strong work ethic.  There's nothing I hate more than turning my back on an empty vending machine and leaving it.  Ron has been supportive, and generous with "my" budget. 

Here are a couple of things I did - bought the "good" cup of noodles at the grocery store, in flavors unavailable from the wholesaler (they only offer plain beef, or plain chicken - I have things like shrimp, roast beef, etc).  I also found a good deal on vienna sausages.  I paired a can of the sausages with a package of saltine crakers for a long-lasting product in the food machines. 

I also brought back chocolate cupcakes, so insanely popular I sold out 2 days after stocking. 

So, lots of work.  I did have to leave work after only 5 hours, yesterday.  The delivery was very late.  The other vendor agreed to get it (I have gotten many deliveries for them); so we left at our pickup time.  They said they would pay out of the cash we left them, put it on our stockroom (just shove the pallet) and lock our door.  I'll be busy Monday. 

We had to get Baby Girl some worm medicine.  She still has an issue.  I got the medicine and came home, dosed her with the capsules, and then dosed Torbie.  Both girls were surprisingly good and didn't bite or claw.  They resisted, all right, but who wouldn't? 

Torbie did not sleep with me last night, but both Ron and I noticed that Baby Girl was a lot more lively today.  Good.  Worth it.  I have a couple more doses for them, too, if they need it. 

Ron's blister is getting better, in fact he teased me today when we were eating at our favorite taqueria.  I was talking about milk candy and describing it.  He started pulling up his pant leg to show me his blisters and said "Take a good look!" 

In an odd way, he is very flattered that those horrible blisters were an inspiration for me.  Lecturing, nagging, and such didn't work on me.  I am contrary that way.  Show me my future if I keep eating sugar and I make an immediate lifestyle change. 

I'm mostly depressed.  Thursday the internet went down due to a storm.  Friday I was exhausted from a very long day. 

Today I went to the warehouse and bought lots of merchandise, when I walk out on Monday the machines will look great!  I love that. 

We came home, I took a nap, I kept hearing thunder but we only got a little drizzle.  However, a chemical tanker got hit by lightning in far NE Houston.  Yikes. 

Most places are near a train track, even in the nice areas.  It just makes you think. 

I have had a problem lately.  I have lost about one ring size.  I had been wearing a size 8 titanium band on my wedding ring finger, a size 9 tungsten on my right middle finger. 

Well, I went down a size and how the wedding ring doesn't fit.  My "real" wedding ring is about a size 6, too small.  I can't wear it as a pinkie ring, it's too large for that finger, but clearly too small for the "wedding" finger. 

I need a size 7, titanium or tungsten.  Happily, they are very cheap and I will be buying myself one after I get paid.  I got my last ring for about $7. 

I've been very impressed with the performance of both rings; titanium and tungsten.  Although if I found a cheap, cute silver ring I'd get it, they aren't as durable. 

I am pretty sure if I keep it up I'll be back in the original wedding ring in no time, and Ron and I will actually look married to each other. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Well, your rings becoming too large is a "good" kind of problem :)

Just so you know, I always keep up with your blog, I'm always interested in what's going on with you, I just don't always have something to say which doesn't sound really foolish and trite to my ears.


Prayers for you always.