Thursday, August 26, 2021

Wednesday and some of Thursday

 I had a little bit of a headache after my nap yesterday but I managed to beat it back.  

It was pretty quiet just the way I had planned, went to bed pretty early.  I kept hitting the snooze this morning (Wednesday) but I got up eventually, shower, God Time, cleaned the litter box.  My aunt is on her way to take me out.  

Next day: it was an interesting day marked by a search for #19 wing nuts.  We had a couple trips to Home Depot, then lunch and then a trip to Walmart.  I only spent $58 with my discount.  

We came home, I put it away.  We talked for a while and she left, I called my parents and went to bed early.  

Now I have gone down an underwear size according to the measurements on the package, so I laundered a smaller size I had on hand and tried them on this morning.  Nope.  I still have some weight to lose before I can do those.  I do find it interesting my current size has spanned a 30 pound weight range.  

One thing I find a little disturbing about Dad's visit next month.  He wants to see the route I take to work, the walking, follow the bus route in a car, etc.  I have no problem with that.  Then he said he wants to run across the street to the bus stop.  That, I'm going to put my foot down.  He could trip, there could be a maniac, and I am out a Dad killed before my eyes!  No way.  I have enough traffic fears.  

But I will show him the route I walk to the bus stop and have him trace the route in the car.  He should find it interesting.  Albeit long!  But he used to take us for long road trips when I was a kid.  

I slept great and got up early.  Biscuit lay on me in bed for a while once I woke up, before the alarm.  He is getting to be a very cuddly boy.  Spotty "helped" me dress by getting on my jeans and rubbing up against my leg as I was trying to pull on my support socks.  Pretty funny!  I had to lure Torbie out of the computer chair with some cat treats.  She has gotten spoiled and kept meowing for me to give them to her in the chair.  Normally I do.  

I didn't see much of Cleo but she's around.  Probably out back.  

A friend of my aunt's wants to sponsor some home repairs.  It will be interesting to see.  I have been thinking and there are a couple of issues, paint for the house, fix garbage disposal, fix fence by gate.  Who knows maybe all 3?  

She doesn't know how much money she is getting but said she wants it to go to me.  I guess I am a sympathetic case.  Caregiver, widowed, just trying to make ends meet working at Walmart and take care of my cats.  

I have some anxiety today and my hands are pretty bad but other than that OK.  Mood is alright a little depressed but I imagine that's going to be around for a while.  I have a lunch packed, candy for my bus drivers, vest is washed (I try to wash it on my day off), etc.  I have a long enough shift today I need a lunch but not so long I will be exhausted (I hope).  I want to be tired when I go to bed and I'm sure I will.  I talked to Jack he is coming to get me after work so no worries on that.  I have his money and a little spending money for me in my pocket.  Got the bus pass, house keys, cats have food and water, everything I can think of.  

There is a lot to living alone just various things you have to do, and don't have anyone to remind you.  I do miss the companionship but everything I am reading in my Bible studies says I should be single for now.  And I don't want a bad relationship.  I think one reason I didn't cry much when Ron died I had cried so much during the 29 years we were together.  He wasn't an evil man but he had issues and sometimes he lashed out verbally.  I don't want that again.  I really have no concept of a healthy relationship.  

That's it for now; I will have to go to bed as soon as I get home so likely no blog tonight.  

No comments: