Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday

 I slept OK and got up around 8.  It was pretty uneventful today; I did some cleaning, made the bed.  

Last night Torbie got on the unmade bed and looked so pretty and sweet, I didn't have the heart to move her, so I just slept on my mattress pad with a flat sheet.  

I took some stuff out from the garage to the backyard, when I did I saw a young man in a water district truck.  He was marking the utility lines.  

Now, #2 has had a leak in their fresh water for a while, it pools up around the sidewalk.  That has been going on a while.  Also one house up the street, also has a leak that runs down the gutter.  I saw a utility district truck out there a week or two ago.  

I don't like the puddles of water because they remind me my plumbing can fail (Lord please no) and they breed mosquitoes which find me delicious.  I can't even sit outside.  

So he marked #2 at least and I see a backhoe digging right now.  Should make my trip to the mailbox a little more exciting in a few hours.  But no puddles anymore.  

Now if they could just get #12 I think it is... 

So that's good will make it easier to walk home from the bus.  And I am all caught up on the laundry and litter boxes.  I will do some meal prep tomorrow for my next couple days at work.  

Baby Girl just came over and I gave her some treats.  She is a sweet cat, not the beggar she was when Ron was alive I would call it appropriate begging.  A couple times a day vs. every few minutes.  And Ron had memory issues at the end so he would keep distributing.  So I had to do some reprogramming.  Torbie was also pretty bad for that.  

Cleo will eat a few treats if none of the other girls are around to bully her; not very often.  But she doesn't live for treats the way the older 2 girls do.  

Biscuit is still in love with his plastic bag on the floor.  So I'm leaving it.  He doesn't ask for much.  

My little Spot man is probably the least demanding of all; he just likes to get in my lap when I sit on the edge of the bed, dressing or undressing.  It is very cute.  He also likes to rub against my legs as my pant legs can attest - I have to lint roll all the orange fur.  

I was happy to find some cute denim shorts, fairly modest, in the garage.  Not a big secret to say most of Walmart's summer line up this year was/were destroyed jeans with big holes.  I am not paying good money for torn up clothes.  I am not.  I am also a plus size; so not always easy to find something.  But I had these and they look good, a little tight still but I will get there.  

So tomorrow I run errands with my aunt; I need to go to my store and pay bills, then do some shopping.  Get lunch with my aunt; that's about it.  I also need to run by my bank.  

I think I will have a little fashion show in my bedroom tonight and try on all my summer stuff, I don't have a lot, maybe 6 capris and shorts.  I know the standard pair I have been wearing this year have been baggy.  I am putting the too big stuff on the top shelf of my closet.  

Well I can hear the construction going I am going to take a peek.  They are working on #2 but not the other house.  

I also found a mockingbird fledgling.  Just learning to fly...I hope the cats don't find him.  

He is at the junction of the two green things.  

I am going to go make some lemonade.  


No comments: