Sunday, August 29, 2021

Mostly Saturday

 Yesterday was pretty crazy.  Going to work: uneventful.  Work itself: busy but OK.  

The excitement started on the ride home.  Waiting at the first bus stop with me was a mother and toddler son.  The boy was very restless and disobedient.  When he saw the bus coming he began lunging toward the street, a very busy street.  I'm thinking "If he gets hit he is dead" and the mother kept making vain attempts to control him.  But this is the problem with the "I don't spank" generation, the kids have no respect for their parents or any rules.  The mother ended up having to pick him up and he was at least 3 and obviously very heavy for her.  The bus doors were broken, we had to enter through the back.  

When I got on the second bus they had a detour and the bus driver had no idea what she was doing.  I finally asked her to let me off at a busy intersection (not on the bus route) so I could catch a cab.  Half the bus left with me.  A very strange, mostly naked, woman tried to attach herself to me once I got off and it took me a while to shake her.  I just wasn't up for mostly naked women with shaved heads.  

I called my cab driver friend and explained, he said "I have some bad news" and I thought he was going to say "I'm not driving today".  Instead he said he had another trip he had just accepted.  I said I was fine waiting and he was pretty quick about it.  I am taking him again today because they are undoubtably doing the roadwork today, too.  He can use the money and I will get a quick ride home.  

Last night as I was waiting for him I kept thinking if I had called him right as I left work I would have saved so much grief.  I was waiting at a fast food place so I got some dinner.  I ate the fries there and had the burger when I got home.  

It was pretty good.  Not that I plan on going back anytime soon.  I took a nap when I got home, got up, called my parents, and looked online at Amazon for a titanium ring.  I found a cute one for $10 so I pulled the trigger and bought it.  Should come today/Monday.  I went back to bed.  

I slept OK but woke up very tired.  I have already had one Diet Dew so far I think I am going to have a couple before I leave.  That's it for now.  

No comments: