Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Monday and Tuesday

 Yesterday seemed like such a harmless little day, on paper.  At first it was 12-4.  I was mildly concerned about that as that meant I would be crossing [busy street] in heavy rush hour traffic to arrive at work.  But they modified the schedule without my asking and kicked me back to 11 AM, for 5 hours.  I would rather work 5 hours because you have to take a lunch starting at 6 hours.  That's what I have to do Thursday and Friday nights.  I work 7 hours on paper but have to take a lunch.  

So I got out of there OK and on my way to work, got to work early.  Good.  I did my shift it was pretty busy.  We have some truly ugly clothing items I am glad are not required dress code.  Plenty of cute stuff, too.  I am a sporty/romantic dresser so I am happy in jeans and a t-shirt (dress code) or knit shorts and a t-shirt when I'm off; a long flowing skirt and cute top when I want to dress up.  

So I did that.  My replacement clocks in on time but takes about 10 minutes to make her way over to me, sometimes longer, but she is a long term employee so I just trust management is watching this.  I don't tattle.  So she finally came over and I took my break.  

I came back FIFTEEN (allotted break time) minutes later (included pit stop) and began assisting her.  I did that for the better part of an hour and a half; then we agreed (half an hour before I had to clock out) it would be a good time for her to take a break as I was still there to relieve her.  I thought this wouldn't be a problem.  

3:58 came and I had to go.  The store penalizes you for early/late clock times.  My supervisor has made that very clear.  So I left, clocked out, got my bag (note sequence of only messing with personal stuff AFTER clocking out), and headed out.  I finally saw the other woman, who shouted at me.  I didn't bother to say she had DOUBLED her fifteen minute break, that was not acceptable by any means, that I had to take a bus and her laziness would cost me half an hour waiting in the heat and humidity.  I just said "I have to go".  

If she complains to management I will then explain she took a half hour break instead of fifteen.  Good luck explaining that.  

I believe in giving my employer what they pay for.  Yes, I am only paid $11 an hour.  Some days I only make $40 after with-holding.  But they are paying me and wanted me for their organization so I work at being an employee they will value and appreciate.  That's just how I roll.  

So I got out to the bus stop another employee was there we chatted a bit.  Ron would say he was probably not used to having women talk to him as he was overtly disabled.  That doesn't faze me and I am wearing a huge wedding ring (silicone) so it is obvious I am not available.  The bus was late; then it ran over something and got a flat.  

That was a first for me.  We all had to get off the bus and wait at the next stop.  Only had to wait about 10 minutes though.  We were near a taco truck I thought of buying a drink but they only had to go cups in styrofoam and I didn't want that.  A bottle of soda I would have bought absolutely.  

I made my transfer to bus #2 pretty effortlessly.  Then I had to get off and walk next to the highway for a bit to get to my last stop.  I have developed some anxiety about this, but get it done.  I had a very slow, very large, woman in front of me I had to ask her to move as that slow pace was just aggravating my anxiety.  I wanted to get OUT of there and off to something safer.  

I had also decided, yesterday, to ride my last bus around and double back to the stop on the "safe" side of the street.  It took a lot longer but otherwise I would have been crossing a very busy street at 6 PM in the height of rush hour.  That just didn't seem safe.  

I had let all family (parents and aunt) know I was delayed and gave them each a call once I was almost home.  I checked the mail, got my bank statement and a charity newsletter.  Nice to get my mail so easily.  

I came home, Baby Girl met me at the door.  I had some cooked sausage for dinner which proved to be a bad choice as I have had the squirts all morning.  Better to find this out today.  

I have today and tomorrow off; Thursday and Friday I work long, late, days.  Hopefully Jack will feel up to getting me again.  

Yesterday my jeans were very loose in the crotch and butt.  I am retiring them.  I tried on some of my other jeans, I had a "too small" pile.  I have worked my way through most of this pile.  Anyway I had 2 left a slim fit 22 and a classic fit 20.  Both petite length because I have a short inseam, one was from Walmart and $13 when I bought it.  They are a lot more, now.  Anyway, both pair fit very well.  

I prefer a dark wash on my jeans so I decided I will buy some of that dark wash detergent.  But I need to look at new jeans now.  That is a good problem to have.  

Ron always said he would pay for me to get new clothes if/when I lost weight.  I do miss him a little he would have been happy for this.  Especially if I put on the old jeans and showed him how baggy they had gotten, then he would have groped me and laughed... good times.  

I am also down another half pound from the last time I weighed so a solid 220 now.  I am washing all my non-dark clothes (mainly shirts and underwear, bra, and face masks) today I will get the other ones tomorrow.  

It is overcast and gloomy but my mood is OK.  

No comments: