Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday

 I have been doing laundry all day and on load #3.  I had a pretty good nap.  

When I checked the mail I got a nice gift, a 10% discount card from Walmart.  Very tasty that is "like" a 10% raise for me.  Say I spend $80 a week, that's an $8 gift right now.  Or it covers my sales tax.  At any rate it's a good perk.  

It only works on general merchandise and fresh produce not groceries, but still a good deal.  And it's a very nice looking card I will keep with my bus pass.  So, happy about that.  

They even got it to me early I was hired on the 10th.  It was addressed to me from "Walmart Benefits" with my full name and of course address so now the postal carrier knows I work for Walmart.  

Not a problem.  I just hope I don't end up with the "doctor and lawyer" issue where people find out you work in a field and are always bothering you with questions and complaints.  So far that has not happened.  

I had a Postal Worker found me at Walmart some months ago and said "So that's where you ended up" and asked a few questions, what I did and what hours I worked.  I didn't think much of it.  Then a while later a Metrolift driver found me and was chatting me up.  A few days ago another postal worker found me and said they had wondered what happened to me.  The other vendor didn't tell them?  

At any rate I told her I was OK, working for Walmart and they were treating me alright.  I also quietly told her Ron's life insurance had paid off the house so I didn't have that worry anymore.  She was happy to hear it; I told her feel free to tell those at the Post Office.  I don't want them worried about me.  

I just had some neighbor kids bring me a gray tabby.  They thought it was mine.  I didn't take it of course, but offered them some cat food that they didn't take.  Baby Girl was quite intent on the proceedings.  It was pretty funny.  Stray Kitty was quite alarmed to see Baby Girl.  Who is territorial and probably beaten up Stray Kitty before.  Poor Stray Kitty was not having a good day.  

I have to say my cats would never allow themselves to be caught by a neighbor (girl was holding him? in her arms).  Biscuit was scared enough at the knock he ran and hid.  But I hope things get settled it looks like a nice cat and pretty clearly someone's pet.  

I am queasy for some reason after my medication.  I may break out the ginger root and put that in with my pills, I just did them up for 3 weeks.  I ate some crackers hopefully that will help.  

I ate the same meal not long ago with no problem and even ate more food than I had the other time; apparently my gut is fickle.  

I used some shoe boxes to store both the support socks, and the face masks.  It worked very well for both.  And it is tidier.  

[I do find it funny the kids knew I was the cat lady]

I am really happy I got my discount card, when I worked at Target many years ago it was a paper card with a barcode.  They could scan it and it would take off the 10%.  This one looks like a credit card and is swiped.  So it should be interesting.  

I am drying load #4 and then I am done for the night.  Happy about that.  

Then I have to make the bed but it will be clean sheets.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: