Sunday, August 8, 2021

Saturday and Sunday

 I have been working my ass off; 9 hour days not counting transit time.  Today I work 4 and then I am off a few days.  

Work has been OK no complaints.  I didn't sleep great kept waking up.  I think it was caffeine use yesterday.

I have been thinking recently you could make a music video of Ron's death, me leaving the house, him calling me, dying, me finding him and trying to revive him, calling 911, watching them work, and then accepting he was gone... to the song "Don't Let Me Down".  

Yesterday I called a cab driver friend I haven't talked to in ages and had to tell him about Ron's death.  He said it sounded like a great way to go.  I agree.  He (the driver) took me home after work I did not want to "fool" with the bus.  

The bus itself is not bad.  Standing at various bus stops does suck.  I don't feel comfortable around some of the people around a bus stop as well.  The bus tends to attract a certain element.  And I'm not talking about blacks, these are unmedicated, manic, white guys from 20's to old age.  They cause me the most discomfort.  The black guy gets on and listens to his cell phone on those little $150 headphonones, he's not bothering anyone.  The white guy is belligerent, aggressive, talkative, often intoxicated, and very sensitive to perceived slights.  So I have to be careful to be polite but not encouraging.  It is exhausting.  

I did tell my aunt recently if I ever date a guy on the bus it is going to be the bus driver.  I would actually enjoy doing that I think, when I'm ready 5 years down the road.  I don't care what he does as long as it is honest work.  

Tomorrow maybe I will make a list of things I am looking for, when I am looking.  I did like being married and having a companion so maybe I will date one day (5 years at least).  But when it's bad it's really bad and clearly I believe marriage is for life.  So, no rush.  

In the meantime I racked up a lot of extra hours, almost $100 which is a lot of money for me these days.  I can use it to build up my checking account.  Savings is pretty good I put $250 every pay period.  But checking was looking weak, I had to pay about $100 for the two new pair of work shoes (necessary!), then I got groceries on the debit card, etc.  Today I need to pay utility bills if it works out to do that before work.  So I plan to put it back, not spend it.  I did spend the $20 for the cab ride that's as crazy as I'm going to get.  

The good news for me he (yesterday's driver) did say he would be interested in taking me home late at night if I gave him some notice.  That is EXCELLENT.  Saves me 2 hours on the bus and creepy bus stop friends.  Some really strange men come out late at night.  

I need to go take my shower, that's it for now.  

No comments: