Thursday, August 5, 2021

All day Wednesday and Thursday morning

 So I have had a burden about the firemen who responded when Ron died.  So I made up some bags with New Testaments and candy, a tract each (mainly "Why Does God allow Trouble?").  We went to the firehouse, it was closed for a remodel.  

We went to the local gas station because both my aunt and I like a cold drink.  Non alcohol of course.  Coming out, I practically fell over a fire district vehicle.  I waited and spoke to the man who came out, obviously had some authority.  Our district.  I explained how much I had appreciated the effort when Ron died, that they had really given their all, Ron died of a heart attack and nothing they could do, I was OK with that and thank you again I have some treats.  He took them.  

Glad I did that.  I probably should have mentioned the bear from the reaction on opening the door the firemen will never forget that bear, but I am happy.  

Then we ran errands, got me some new work shoes.  Went to the bank put $250 into savings for taxes and such.  Took a little cash out for me, bought some groceries, put them away, went out for lunch (it was takeout only so we ate at home).  She was really impressed with the Chinese restaurant and I don't get headaches eating there.  I got the teriyaki.  

She left and I laid down for a little bit.  I had a lot of caffeine so didn't really sleep but even lying down helps.  

I got up and bagged up about 15 bags of candy for the next couple days.  I also talked to Jack who said he can help with a ride today.  

I don't use his real name because if the stalker came after me they could go after him and I don't want that.  Jack is good enough.  I went to bed and did not sleep great; my hands are kind of bad today.  

Oh, yeah, I did get my phone appointment with Doc he was happy to hear I am settled.  Last we talked I was freshly widowed and unemployed it was pretty grim.  So glad to give him better news.  I said I have some depression but nothing I think is unreasonable, considering, and also functional out of it.  If I weren't bathing, taking care of the cats, etc. I would be worried but I am doing all that.  He called in my refills which I will probably get this weekend.  

I am not out of medication.  

So I got up, took my shower, going to get dressed and then do my God Time.  I am going to wear my somewhat older shoes because I don't want to break in new shoes on a day I have to ride the bus an hour and a half to work then stand on my feet for 8 hours.  That doesn't seem wise.  I would rather break them in gradually over a few days and then do that.  But they are really nice and plush.  Not expensive, though.  

I am wearing my support socks.  Not very glamorous but they do help a lot.  Not really with my feet but my legs.  Not that my legs hurt really they just feel better at the end of the day in the socks, so I will wear them.  Not much fun in the heat, though.  

I retired another pair of baggy jeans.  My aunt says the smaller ones look good on me so I washed those.  I got some of that "dark colors" laundry detergent because I like dark jeans.  But I have 5 pair that look pretty good so not worried about buying any new.  When I size down out of these, though, I have nothing, so I will have to go shopping.  It is nice to be a 20 now.  

My goal is to get down around 170 and see how I like that.  Anyway, I have to go get ready for work, that's it for now.  

I will try to do a short blog when I get home.  

No comments: