Thursday, August 19, 2021

Wednesday and a little of Thursday morning

 I slept OK.  I generally wake up 1-2 times a night to urinate but that's not a big deal I've been like that a long time.  

I started out OK but depressed.  I am all set to go out and run my errands, my aunt should be by very soon.  I have decided to pull up the blinds a little, on one window, in the front room as the cats love looking out the window.  They are so cute I can't resist.  

I did get some lap time with Cleo and Biscuit (not at the same time).  I always enjoy that.  Biscuit likes to get up next to me and nip at me until I pet him, it's very cute.  Cleo just climbs up next to me and shoves her butt in my face which I read is a sign of great trust and affection.  I did see the other cats, everyone is fed and watered, cleaned out the litter boxes.  My aunt sits right next to the litter boxes when she comes to visit so I want it to be a pleasant experience.  

Sometimes Baby Girl is bad and will use the litter box in front of my aunt, who is always nice about it.  But ick.  I am used to it, though.   

So we went out, did some grocery shopping.  I bought more candy to hand out.  We went to the other Walmart my aunt's call and fine by me.  I also put some money in savings, now I have enough to cover flood insurance in October.  

I do need to get ahold of flood insurance and let them know Ron's dead.  It is still really a shock to get those two words together: Ron (and) dead.  But he is.  I am glad I can cover the insurance.  A flood is probably the most likely event I face.  

Still depressed today but at least functional.  I went to the bank.  I went to Walmart, got groceries, put them away.  I saved a total of $10 today with my discount card.  We got lunch.  We went back to Walmart because I had forgotten the candy, I found all the items I wanted so was happy with that...came back home and hung out for a while.  

So that was good.  She left.  I tried to take a nap but couldn't.  So I finished the laundry and checked the mail.  It looks like property tax will run about a thousand this year.  Plus HOA fees which aren't awful.  

Biscuit got up in my lap again such a loving, tender, cat.  He is terrified of strangers but so devoted to me.  Worth every penny of the many dollars I have spent on his condition.  I can see why some people do everything for an ailing pet trying to keep it alive.  If he is suffering and can't be fixed he goes to Ron.  I'm not going to torture him, Torbie, or any of the other cats.  But if I can fix him I will.  If he needs special food and a plug in water fountain he will get it.  Has gotten it.  

If he wants his plastic bag on the floor he gets it, and is on it, right now.  And that bag is staying on the floor until he's sick of it.  For now he loves it so it stays.  I don't care if it looks trashy it is my house.  

Oh, and Baby Girl pooped in the box again in front of my aunt.  We are trying to get her to LIKE cats, I thought, be cute and sweet and endearing, nearby but not enough to threaten.  But no Baby Girl has other ideas.  My aunt actually had a half feral cat for several years, she lived (the cat) outside and they were on very good and understanding terms, we like each other but not too much.  That cat worshipped her it was really cute.  I guess Baby Girl is buttering her up in case something happens to me.  

If something happens to me, my aunt will find homes for the cats but not with her.  She has a couple of cat lady friends, and I have sent her a dossier so the next owner knows a little.  Like, Baby Girl doesn't hate small dogs.  That could be useful.  

Anyway my aunt left and went home.  She said she was a little drowsy on the ride home.  I would like to get Ron's bed going again so my aunt could take a nap in there before she goes home.  I just need to get a mattress.  I have the bedding.  Get a nice pillow, Walmart has some good cheap ones (I need a commission for all my sales work!).  I will look into that.  

I will ask her if we can do that sometime soon.  I would want her to go with me (likely to Ikea) so she could test out the bed and find one she likes as she will be the likely user.  I also need to get the frame out and make sure I can reassemble it.  I think I will go get that going.  

Nah I have a little bit of a headache.  

[next day]  I actually did it.  Set up the platform and then went to bed early.  Slept pretty well; woke up, ants in the cat food (bowls) so I went out and poisoned the ants.  It was very heartening to see worker ants carrying around crumbs of poison.  They should be gone by the time I get home from work.  

Had a little trouble with hand tremor getting the app going this morning.  It has stopped asking me if I am vaccinated maybe it knows already or they determined it wasn't a legal question to ask an employee.  I don't know.  But I got it done.  Now I need to take my shower and then figure out what I am doing for lunch today.  

That's it for now.  I will try to be better about posting on days I work.  

No comments: