Wednesday, May 31, 2017

No, we're not going to the bar

Well, it was an interesting day. 

I didn't sleep well last night but the gum pain was a lot better.  I credit the Aleve. 

It's like my gums know they're going to be scraped (well, the teeth are), and they're happy.  They just made a ruckus so I would make the appointment. 

I got up, got dressed, did my usual morning routine.  I did do my God Time later. 

We went to Sam's Club first to get some drinks for work.  No problem.  As I sat there waiting for our pickup (it only takes 5 minutes to shop, but paratransit makes you stay an hour or longer), Ron and I started talking about the day, we would do this, we would do that. 

Ron set up an appointment to go to the pupuseria.  I am looking forward to it, I love good ethnic food and Houston is the place for delicious foods from any culture.  I love my town. 

Anyway, Ron mentioned it was next to a bar.  I was quiet.  He asked me to take him to the bar.  My immediate reaction was what you'd expect, but I didn't want to lash out, Ron would just turn that against me.  So I thought on it for a minute, prayed on it, actually considered taking him for longer than I care to admit, grew a spine, said hell no inside, and calmly said "I don't feel comfortable taking you to a bar, Ron.  If you want to go to the bar you can have Chuck (he's the guy who buys Ron his liquor) take you, OK?" 

Ron agreed. 

We went to work.  Things were pretty quiet but I did find something odd, my carts were disarranged.  I place them in a very specific order, you can't take one out of place without messing them all up.  They have to fit in a tiny corner of our stockroom.  As near as I can figure, the other vendor's guy (who has borrowed the cart on occasion, with my permission) moved my other carts so he could borrow the folding handtruck (like the one the UPS guy uses), then he couldn't figure out how to put it back.  I hope that is the case.  Otherwise someone has a key to our stockroom. 

Of course I can't mention this to the other vendor because he will just attribute this to my mental illness.  Sometimes, and only with him, I really regret sharing. 

So I had to decide how I would handle this.  I have to address it, because if the other vendor comes in and my carts are all messed up he will blame me for it.  I'm not getting eaten because someone else wants to borrow a cart. 

I finally decided I will talk to the other vendors guy and tell him "By the way, if you ever want to borrow the handcart, this is how it goes back." and show him.  That way I am not "accusing" him of anything and the stockroom will remain tidy. 

Politics!  I hate them! 

Other than that, work was pretty uneventful.  I stocked pastry and helped Ron with the bottled vendor.  I put the "fresh" drinks from Sam's into the fridge. 

Ron needed help sorting and counting some change, so he could make a deposit at the bank.  He paid me yesterday so I was fine, this would be money for the business, and him.  I helped him do that. 

We had a good ride to the bank, and I haven't seen the teller who shorted Ron $100 on that other transaction.  I'm starting to think maybe they fired her.  As we did yesterday, we had a really nice and professional teller I like. 

Ron got his money, and the deposit, done. 

We called Lou the Cab Driver.  He was busy.  Ron called Jose.  Jose was downtown.  Ron called Yellow, they were very confused taking his request and sent the driver about 10 miles out of the way to pick us up.  Not cool. 

The cab company has an app and the driver really encouraged me to get it.  So I did, when we got home. 

But first, what the heck has happened to my house? 

A couple weeks ago we got a nasty letter from the HOA saying our tree had to be at least 9 feet above the sidewalk.  It was hanging down and offending them. 

Then Ron had the root canal, so much for paying an arborist to come and trim it.  However, I forgot I serve a mighty God. 

I came home today and the tree was perfectly pruned, the bushes that #2 hates for "encroaching" on them were trimmed back to the trunks, and the lawn was mowed and edged.  Our yard guys came by. 

God put it in their heads, what we needed.  They do all of this volunteer.  Sometimes they will take money but very seldom.  They wouldn't take any money today but Ron dropped some on the ground and told them he wasn't picking it up, they'd better get it before it blew away. 

I did find that I am a little bit of a control freak, more than I would have guessed.  They moved our garbage can.  I was shocked how much that upset me.  Then they used the hose!  It's the end!  I was really embarrassed at myself.   Here these nice people just did probably $700 worth of yard work and I'm being an ungrateful little whiner. 

Thank God they did not know any of this, but it's really embarrassing.  Which is why I figured I should share it.  I like to drag all the ugly things out and dissect them here, it helps me. 

Ron called Chuck, chatted a while, and "ordered" 3 boxes of wine.  He wants to stick to "lighter" stuff because he believes it isn't as "bad".  About the only good thing I can say about that is that red wine (which he drinks) has polyphenols that help reduce heart attack and stroke risk. 

But I'd really rather he not drink at all. 

No comments: