Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sunday afternoon

I had today off. 

I slept in until 7:30, got up, fed the cats, watched a little Law & Order, took a shower, did my God Time, watched a little more TV.  I decided to shave my legs, so I wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow.  I hate things like shaving my legs at 2 or 4 in the morning, and we get up pretty early for work, most days. 

I took a nap.  I had a hard time dropping off but next week looks to be busy.  My back muscle is still bothering me but I am, I hope, getting better.  It's nothing worse than what I did to myself during my weightlifting days.  Oh, I used to have horrible muscle pain when I did deadlifts, not during, but after.  Then, my butt, abs, and thighs would scream at me.  But I wanted to tone them up so I welcomed it. 

Once I cleanout the garage, I need to at least get back to some powerlifting.  It builds the most muscle for the least amount of time. 

So, I had a nap, it was pretty good.  I got up at 3.  It was thundering, we are supposed to have severe weather tonight and tomorrow, so I decided to roll up the "outside" blinds.  We have exterior blinds, made out of some sort of plastic fabric, that roll down to keep the sun from heating up the house.  They have been pretty effective but they do blow a lot in the wind, one time it almost broke a window, so I always roll them up when we have a storm. 

I got dressed, went out, and did it.  Then I came back inside the house. 

Ron woke up and we talked about the cats for a while, and I fed them.  We talked about my nephew's graduation.  He is my stepsister's son.  I decided not to do my weekly phone call because I would interrupt the festivities. 

It is amusing to note I actually have a nephew nearly my age.  He is also bipolar.  He works in a creative field.  Then we have my niece, a little younger, but she has 2 kids.  She has a high-drama life much like my mother's and I have blocked her on Facebook.  One of her kids is a Facebook friend and a very sweet kid.  I wish her well. 

Then we have my sister's kids, all of them grown, two of them married, all of them off living their own lives.  The next tier, I guess, are the stepsiblings' kids.  They range from graduating college (!), to high school (2), and a young boy about 10 now.  I am not close to any of the kids. 

The way I figured it, I was a mess and kids need consistency.  It was easier just to not be in their lives.  They didn't miss me, they had plenty of other people. 

But who will take care of me when I'm OLD?  That's a lousy motive to interact with the younger generation. 

If my aunt dies before I do, her son, my cousin, will take care of my estate.  That is one thing I have considered: my blog. 

I value my blog and would want you to know what happened.  I have a feeling, if I die (before I am raptured), it will be in an accident and you would never know why I stopped posting.  I am considering putting my aunt on the blog.  There used to be a way to do that.  She would be able to post and moderate comments, before (although I would ask her to stay hands off until something happened), and after I died. 

Isn't that morbid?  But I am considering putting her on as a coauthor.  Just so she could keep you posted.  Let me know what you think, if you mark it private I won't post it.  I am just seeking opinions. 

I guess, with what I've been through, I'm always looking at the worst case scenario. 

I was very unhappy yesterday when Ron called the pharmacy and asked if he could drink while taking his antibiotic.  They said yes, as long as it was "moderate".  That, for Ron, has translated to four servings of wine today. 

He couldn't make it 10 days.  He barely made it 2.  How sad and disappointing.  He hasn't been ugly so I am enjoying that. 

Torbie is stretched out in bed next to him, begging for treats.  She just lies there all cute until he makes with the treats.  He always does.  She has not, as far as I can tell, lost a significant amount of weight on her diet.  Probably due to her treat consumption. 

Baby Girl has lost some weight, her belly doesn't hang as much as it used to.  When it comes to feeding time, Baby Girl is top cat.  She always gets first go at the fresh cat food.  Then Biscuit, then Torbie.  I can't tell if Biscuit has lost weight and I'm not about to put him on the scale.  We will just have to wait and see when I take them into the vet for their yearly physical/shots. 

That reminds me, I need to do their Advantage (topical flea medicine).  They haven't been itching but I don't want them to, either. 

Tomorrow I have to get up at 4, and it's already past 6:30.  I need to go to bed pretty soon. 

I hope you had a good weekend.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather I believe we are "that generation" that won't experience death.
Don't worry.