Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Root canal days

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, it was a long day.  I slept in until 8, got up, showered, did my God Time, got dressed and ate.  Then we went to the dentist.  We waited in the waiting room for about an hour.  They took Ron back (he likes to have me with him) and worked on him for another hour and a half.  I really hate going to the dentist, even if I'm not the patient. 

We went to Walmart and got a few things, then went home.  I took a "rough" nap, I had a hard time sleeping, then got up and went to work with Ron. 

We stocked for a couple of hours and paid a refund.  Someone came up to us, about 20 minutes before our pickup, and told us they saw our paratransit van in the parking lot.  So we had a good ride home, but it was late.  I went pretty much straight to bed. 

This morning, I got up about 8 - in a perfect world I would do this every day.  Same routine, got ready, took Ron to the dentist.  This time he was in some pain and whatever they did to him caused him some more pain.  That was pretty miserable to watch. 

I even told myself: this is your payback for all the names he's called you - and I still felt like crap.  I was glad when they finished. 

We left and went to Walmart again, this time, to fill his prescription for pain pills.  We turned it in and waited for a while. 

Ron had moved his tongue at the wrong time, and the drill had cut it, so I got Ron some "Kank-aid" - it forms a bandage over raw spots in the mouth, and has a painkilling ingredient.  I also got him some generic (don't tell him) Oragel.  It has antibacterial ingredients in addition to the maximum dose of painkiller.  I figured he would be fine, between those and his oral medication.  I told him where I put it so he could use it if I were asleep. 

Ron can't drink while taking the oral drug.  We checked out (I bought a diet soda) and left.  Ron called a cab to take us home.  We don't take paratransit because it is impossible to say when the dentist will be finished.  I would rather just add an extra $10 onto the dentist payment and take a cab home. 

I encouraged Ron (vigorously) to take a pain pill before the anesthetic wore off.  He did.  He is feeling OK right now so I feel good about that. 

I don't like to see him suffer, even when he is hateful.  It's just not who I am. 

The girl cats have been hanging out a lot on Ron, sometimes literally on him.  They are pretty cute, and Ron enjoys the company. 

I hope they can teach Ron he doesn't have to get drunk to feel good. 

We are going out, shortly, to dinner.  Seafood ought to be pretty soft for him so he can get some protein. 

I plan to take tomorrow off and do nothing except maybe some housework.  I have tufts of cat hair all over my tile floor and I need to sweep, if nothing else. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Can you put your headphones on at the dentist? I agree I would be miserable sitting there watching someone get work done ..hearing it is worse I can look away. I am getting a crown next week dreading the cost.

A trip to the hematologist

I slept OK but woke up really tired.  I hit the snooze alarm a few times, much to Biscuit's disgust.  But I'm getting ahead of mys...