Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Covering her food

It was a long day today.  I didn't have any cats in my bed last night, it was lonely.  I got up, took my shower, ate my protein bar, and got dressed. 

I did my God Time later, more on that in a minute. 

We went to Sam's club to get candy bars.  I was almost out of Snickers. 

I bought Snickers, 3 kinds of granola bars, and some other thing I forget.  Oh, peanut butter M&M's.  They are a good seller. 

I had one of my tote bags.  It all just fit. 

Our ride came to take us to work.  He tried to get out of taking us by saying he was "full" and would have to do a "send back".  I said there was plenty of room if Ron rode in his wheelchair, in the wheelchair compartment, and someone in the backseat moved over. 

I told him we were going to "work, not a workshop" and "We should at least try".  So, he decided to "let" us ride. 

As it turns out, he had a supervisor in the front seat, I was in the backseat with two slow people.  After they got out, the driver had to chase them down and give them their lunches. 

Apparently it was more important to get them to their workshop (translated: daycare) than it was to get us to work.  We rode almost an hour.  It's a good thing I work for Ron because the system is very unreliable about getting us to work by our appointment times. 

We got to work.  The supervisor got out and got into a supervisor vehicle instead.  I put the candy in Ron's lap and pushed him from visitor parking, into the building. 

First, thing, though, I had to clear out the stockroom.  Ron wanted to run change.  He worked on that while I stocked snacks.  I did candy and chips, but I didn't need to do a whole lot of chips, just plain chips and Cheez-it.  They love their Cheez-it.  I stock the original kind. 

I finished that up and Ron got to work on the bottled vendor.  I helped him get drinks, and replace them, in the fridge. 

Then I helped him with canned sodas. 

All done, time to go home. 

We had a very short wait to go home.  The ride was straight, which was great, and it was a "crazy" driver we both like a lot.  He's a really good driver. 

We got home and I tried to take a nap, but Ron kept talking.  I finally had to remind him I was trying to sleep.  He wasn't talking to me, but himself. 

I was so tired.  When my alarm when off I hit the snooze button a couple times.  I finally got up and did half my God Time (the Bible study portion). 

Then we went out to dinner at the taqueria.  I had 3 shrimp tacos.  They featured delicious grilled shrimp, lettuce, and tomato. 

I had to take my pills and I just knew tortilla, lettuce, tomato, and grilled shrimp would not hold them.  I would have gotten very sick and/or felt like I was getting stabbed to death. 

So I ordered a small cheese quesadilla and ate that as well.  It was very good, melty and crispy around the edges.  It worked.  I didn't get sick. 

Ron had a margarita.  Then he had a fajita quesadilla.  It had grilled beef and cheese.  He really liked it, and ate half (these things are huge).  I would like to meet the person who could eat an entire large quesadilla.  I know I sure can't. 

Ron called and got the bad news.  Dispatch said our ride would be coming in 2 hours, instead of 40 minutes.  Ron was pretty upset. 

We decided to call some cabs we know and no one was interested in the trip.  Ron called Yellow Cab and put the trip out there for them.  No one was interested.  Ron finally called Mike, who said he'd come. 

Ron got another margarita and started on it.  Suddenly, a paratransit driver walked in the door. 

"Oh, that's funny" I thought "She's here on her lunch".  Then she looked at us and called Ron by name.  Oops.  I guess we do have a ride. 

Ron called Mike back, cancelling, and apologizing for "bothering" him.  Mike seemed OK with it. 

Ron slurped at his drink like a baby with a bottle, then finally pushed himself away from the table.  I took him outside (leftovers hanging in a takeout container, in a plastic bag, on the back of the wheelchair).  It was a big van, we got Ron loaded. 

Ron's seat was very squeaky and annoying.  I had to fold my seat down and admired the tidy way the driver had fastened the seatbelts. 

Once we got home, I fastened the seatbelts on Ron's seat, the way I'd seen on mine, and folded Ron's seat up.  Good.  That way, if she has another "ambulatory", she can direct them to the quiet seat. 

I got Ron in the house and put up the leftovers. 

I fed the cats.  Baby Girl went crazy "covering" her canned food tonight, kept trying to drag a whole paper bag over the top of her food.  She wouldn't stop until I put a plastic bag on top of the food to "hide" it from other predators.  Then she spent as much time covering her waste in the litterbox. 

She's a strange cat. 

I finished my God Time and watched a little Intervention.  I always cry when they have a happy ending. 

Then I turned on the computer. 

Ron didn't want any trips tomorrow, and it might rain, so I agreed.  I can always go somewhere on the bus if I want. 

I just wish I wasn't so tired all the time.  At least my blood test proved I'm not anemic. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok now I have to get some tacos for dinner its been ages!!!

About my day

I woke up with a headache.  Agh.  I was worried it might morph into a migraine, but the Excedrin killed it.  Good thing, because I forgot to...