Friday, February 17, 2017


I got up at 2 AM, went back to bed for a while, and took my shower and did my God Time later. 

I got dressed and we went to work.  It was challenging. 

Don't get me wrong, the delivery came at 5:30 AM, but they increased the case price.  I stocked what I could and helped Ron, but he was in a very ugly mood and kept calling me "retarded".  I don't like that word but it's the one he used.  He was very derogatory and ugly to me. 

I was happy when he went off in the stockroom to run change (sorting it by denomination on a machine), but the other vendor objected to Ron's partial blockage of the door and reamed him out.  So I got to listen to the other vendor shouting at Ron, hoping desperately Ron would not respond in kind.  He didn't.  I guess he got it all out of his system on me. 

We agreed to only run change when he isn't around, that's easy enough to do.  Our section of the stockroom is so small Ron can't sit in his wheelchair, facing the wall, without blocking the door (partly).  We have 34 square feet.  It's tight. 

That settled to everyone's satisfaction, we got ready to leave.  Ron wanted to do last minute stocking.  My thinking, which I did not share, was "Why would you sort change with an unstocked vending machine?"  I always do "my" stocking first and then the other things. 

We left, had to wait a little while on the ride.  To think I rushed Ron out of there.  I could have walked all the way to the back of the building and back, in the time we waited.  Happily it was not raining. 

I have concluded my mood is "baseline" standard, normal.  I'm not really depressed and I'm certainly not manic. 

We went home.  I was pretty tired.  I had been exposed to several, clearly sick, people at work.  I took everything I could and drank a whey protein shake with glutamine.  Huh, the spell checker recognized glutamine.  I tried to take a nap but I was still pretty wound up from all the shouting earlier, and the 3 cans of diet soda I drank while working. 

I got up after a couple of hours and took my shower, then changed my clothes.  The "old" clothes went into the laundry room, on the floor. 

The cats appeared to be starving, and had eaten most of their breakfast, so I fed them again. 

We went to Carl's Junior, where I encountered yet more sick people.  I don't know what it is, but it's making the rounds in Houston.  It seems to be a cold.  If it is, it may be the one I already caught back in December.  I sure hope so.

I ate my food.  Ron had eaten at home, for some reason, but got a burger to go.  We had about an hour.  Ron wanted to do his whole doom-and-gloom-why-God-why routine.  I finally asked him to stop after about a half hour. 

"Would you like me to talk about my depression for an hour?" I asked him.  He had to agree he would not.  We talked about work, and the cats, instead.  Not great, but better. 

Our ride came, a driver we liked, and we went home.  It was about 3:30.  I decided to "try" another nap. 

I didn't sleep well last night, we had sick people everywhere I went, and the immune system is most active when you're sleeping. 

I laid down.  At first I was pretty wound up but I fell asleep.  I woke up when the #6 kids came home.  I went back to sleep for another hour until one of the kids screamed loudly, right outside my bedroom wall.  I got up and did my God Time. 

Maybe it's selective memory, but I don't remember my parents allowing us to be loud like that.  We were not allowed to scream at the top of our lungs unless we had just been badly injured.  The rest of the time, we were disciplined.  But I guess all this "new" permissive parenting says it will crush their little spirits to tell them to "Shhh!"

I need to gird myself, they are going to have another party in a couple of weeks.  March 6 is one of their birthdays (I don't know who, so it doesn't matter if I share it).  The weekend before will probably be the party. 

I did my God Time.  I am in Leviticus and it is hard going.  It's all about the various offerings and how they are to be prepared.  Rivers of blood, literally. 

I'm glad Jesus paid the price so we don't need to sacrifice animals anymore.  It must have been a whole industry for sacrificial animals.  Of course it had to be a perfect animal but I believe there is an offering that "allows" the congregant to offer an imperfect animal.  I haven't gotten to it yet. 

I checked Facebook.  Someone had a baby, and named it the same "original" name some other friends of mine used about 9 months ago, for their little boy.  It reminds me of Heather in my generation.  Every parent thought they were being unique and breaking barriers by naming their daughter Heather.  And we ended up with thousands of Heathers in my generation, all over the country.  I remember my Girl Scout troop had 3 Heathers.  We called each other by our full name.  Heather Smith, Heather Jones, etc.  Not their real names. 

Someone else posted a metal version of "Land of Confusion" by Genesis.  It is very similar to the original.  The video is better, though.  The Genesis video was just weird. 

Now I need to check on our pickup and see when I have to get up tomorrow.  It's early, I know that. 

Yup, it's early. 

That's it for now.  Have a good weekend. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm glad Jesus paid the price so we don't need to sacrifice animals anymore. It must have been a whole industry for sacrificial animals."

Do you ever wonder why god would even require animals to be slaughtered in the first place and why he liked the smell of these dead animals? Seems like a supposed all knowing being would not need such things to be done on their behalf.

A visit with the parents

So, my Dad's in town.  Along with my adoptive Mom.  Say what you will, she did raise me.  I slept pretty well last night - no noise.  ...