Saturday, December 10, 2016

Two days at once

Thursday night I went to bed at 6.  I had to wake up at 1:45 in the morning and I was worried I wouldn't get enough sleep.  I "never" fall asleep before 8 and I generally don't sleep well. 

But I fell asleep fast and slept very well, considering.  I even woke up a little before the alarm, feeling pretty energized.  Am I getting manic?  Possibly.  That was the only thing I could figure. 

We got up and went to work.  Our ride was on time.  We got there in a timely manner and she was a nice driver. 

I got Ron in the building and turned on the lights on his wheelchair.  We got to work.  Snacks looked pretty bad and needed a lot of work.  By "bad" I mean "empty and need stocking".  That is actually good, because it means we are making sales.  Sales = paid bills. 

We stocked for hours, got our delivery (a new guy, but he followed directions and we didn't have any problems), put it away, did some troubleshooting, stocked some more, mashed up all my empty cardboard boxes for "the recycle", etc. 

While I was in the middle of working on the coffee machine (it is developing coin jam issues), I literally had the coin cartridge in my hand, Ron starts screaming my name.  I looked at him, he was talking to someone.  I walked over, holding the cartridge, and greeted him. 

It was the guy who called us, twice, about being a driver.  He had been told all the details already.  Suddenly, though, it was "too far from home, and too much bother".  Why bother to come in and tell us that?  Why bother to say you'll come by if you already know it won't work?  I thought it was inconsiderate. 

So, he was out.  I would rather have him "flake" now then when we are standing at Sam's Club with $700 of merchandise on a flatbed cart. 

I went back to the coffee machine. 

We finished up and left, came home, took a nap.  We went to Carl's Junior for dinner.  Ron wanted chicken tenders.  I got some too.  They were pretty good. 

I ate a chocolate chip cookie after, to make sure my medication would be happy with the stomach contents.  We went home.  It was cold.  #6 was not having a party and #2 wasn't making any noise either. 

I went to bed pretty early.  I didn't sleep well, in part due to the caffeine ingested in the diet sodas.  They don't have a diet caffeine free option like Sam's Club does. 

I woke up at 5, exhausted.  I dragged myself out of bed.  I had a moderate headache so I took some Excedrin.  I drank 2 Diet Mountain Dews (more caffeine) and took my shower.  I planned to do my God Time later. 

Our pickup was 7 AM.  At 6:47 Chuck sent a text - he had had an all night vertigo attack and couldn't drive today.  Crap. 

Ron called to cancel all our trips.  We got a penalty for cancelling so late.  I asked if he could see if he could get a ride from Sams to work, but they wouldn't add in a trip.  We could only take the trips we had, one to Sam's, one home.  Chuck was going to drive us to work.  Was.  We consoled ourselves with the thought he could have had the vertigo attack while driving. 

I tried to go back to bed, but the caffeine had other ideas.  I got up eventually, did my God Time, ate, took my meds, and went back to bed.  I slept a little better this time. 

Then Ron and I had to troubleshoot my cable box, which wasn't working.  I turned it off, and then on again.  That did the trick. 

It's interesting how often that works. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo Hardcastle said...

My husband has a Tshirt ( he works in the electronics industry ) that says " have you tried turning it first off, then on again??

I need to stay top notch

I had one of those nights were I slept fine, but woke up exhausted.  All this running the last couple weeks is wiping me out.  I did have ...