Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The same thing

Well, I can smell again.  I'm calling that a win. 

I slept pretty fitfully last night, waking up every hour or two, but I did get some rest.  I have great faith in my 12 hour mucus pills. 

I'm also wanting to snack, which is really encouraging.  It means I'm getting hungry, which means I'm getting better. 

Ron made (scheduled) two trips to Sam's club today.  Apparently the first one was going to be so awful, Ron cancelled it, woke me up, and told me to reset my alarm. 

"I don't mind" I told him "When you wake me up for that." 

I asked Ron if he recalled the phone call.  He said no, he didn't.  I kind of figured.  I gave him a very brief summation and he said it was "all true".  So, I guess he won't be apologizing. 

It's one thing if someone has proven unreliable, you learn not to trust them; it's another thing entirely to mock someone with a medical condition and call them "weak".  To my mind, you just don't do that, especially when you're in a wheelchair yourself.  I don't believe in "karma" but God will not be mocked. 

Dude.  That's just not cool. 

On the one hand, I feel vindicated, he does do it to other people.  On the other hand I find it really sad.  A relationship, whatever you want to say about it, destroyed because Ron had a tantrum over Chuck's health problems. 

Well, not, apparently, destroyed.  Ron sent Chuck a text message, must have been some text.  Now they are talking and all is well. 

I suppose they are symbiotes in some regard.  They each benefit from the arrangement. 

On the other hand, I still feel moderately crappy, but my appetite is starting to come back.  I rode with two drivers who were really sick today so I probably caught it from paratransit. 

I just hope we all had the same thing. 

No comments: