Thursday, August 25, 2016

3 card monte

Work went OK yesterday.  We went to the warehouse first and bought 25 pounds of coffee, then we went to work.  It took a while. 

After we came home, Ron "promised" me a "quiet night" and was quiet.  He still says he has "solved" the whole falling-off-the walker issue by saying he will simply sit on the floor when he drinks, instead. 

Not really a solution, reminds me of 3-card monte, where the card gets shifted around and around.  He's attacking symptoms and not addressing the real problem.  But I leave that to God.  The more I nag, the more he will resist admitting he has a problem and proving me "right". 

Today we went out for breakfast.  We have to get up at 2 AM tomorrow so it's going to be an early night.  Breakfast went fine except for when Ron had to use the toilet.  I pushed him into the men's room, up to the handicapped stall.  Ron jiggled the handle and some guy started yelling he was in there.  Ron asked him if he could move to a regular stall, as he was in a wheelchair (which I'm sure the guy could see), and needed to use the toilet.  The guy said no, and got a real attitude (I think because I was there). 

I was furious but I wasn't going to let Ron have an accident because someone was unprintable.  I took Ron to the ladies room.  There was a woman in the handicapped stall.  She was not disabled.  AGH!  Ron was the only disabled person in the entire restaurant. 

She was nice enough to hurry it up and make way for us, so I pushed Ron in the stall and guarded the door.  Ron took care of his business and everyone's happy. 

I am not sorry.  If you keep my husband from using the men's room I will take him to the ladies.  And I won't be sorry about it, I will shove him in there and let him do what needs to happen. 

I make no apologies.  If we can have transgenders in the ladies room we can certainly have a blind cripple. 

Our handyman came out, and is in the process of fixing up the bathroom ceiling mold/paint issue.  He cleaned it with mold killer and bleach, is going to use mold killing primer, and will then put a regular bathroom top coat. 

He's at the store, getting the paint, because, as I told him "I only have orange paint" (for the house).  Orange paint in a light blue bathroom would be horrible. 

"Ron wouldn't mind" said Greg.  I had to laugh.  He's right. 

I feel bad, though, I forgot to give him a Gatorade.  I hear thunder so I'm glad he is working inside today. 

So, probably no nap today but that's OK.  I will get a load off my mind and that's more important. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always adore your titles! What a great reminder to NOT use those reserved stalls! I Just did today! And only after the beach because i needed to change! Consider me made more" aware"! Doubly bad on me ...because i reallly am ABLE to change in any stall...Humbly reminded thank but sad it was at YOUR expense!

Heather Knits said...

I don't care if anyone uses it, just vacate it, if asked, by a disabled person. :)

That's what made me really upset yesterday, that the guy refused to move, knowing a cripple needed it.