Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Done

Well, I actually got some sleep last night. 

Boy, it's amazing what a difference that will make.  I whine about missing a nap - nearly a week of minimal sleep taught me a real lesson on that. 

I think the steroids make a huge difference.  My poor sinus cavities were so swollen and miserable. 

We got up, went to work, stocked, did some banking, got Burger King, and came home.  I just got some nuggets.  Yeah, the sauce has corn syrup but not enough to significantly impair my immunity.  50 grams is the operative word on that, per my Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. 

It is awful to be hungry, with no appetite.  It reminds me of when I took Prozac.  I felt the same way for years.  Nothing worse than hungry, gagging down food, but I don't want to eat.  Been doing a lot of that, lately. 

I still eagerly await 8 o'clock, twice a day, so I can take my "mucus and cough suppressant" medication.  It has a 12 hour life. 

I was a little sharp with Ron at work, at one point I made a mistake and he asked me "What is wrong with you".  I leaned in and turned my sarcasm to "high".  "I'm sick?  I haven't slept in a week?"  He rolled off. 

Later on, boarding paratransit with some change in a jar, he wanted to do this complicated maneuver.  "Just get in" I told him (apparently in a nasty tone because the driver kept going on about it) "and I'll hand it to you."  The driver kept repeating that "Just get in". 

In the course of our trip, I told her, within 1 month I have 1.  Sprained my finger.  2.  Bladder infection and 3. Sinus infection, working the whole time.  She changed her tune pretty fast after that.  Maybe I was just exhausted, not an abusive "meanie" caregiver after all. 

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not an excuse to crap on people, but I think Ron needs to be just a little accommodating.  Overall he is doing pretty well.  He happily paid for the doctor, both times.  He went along with lowering the thermostat so the hot forced air doesn't dry me out and make me cough. 

But no, I don't want to do truck day tomorrow.  For one, we still have plenty of Coke products.  Two, we have a lot of inventory already.  Three, if I have a lot of inventory on the carts I have to remove it before I get the new stuff, then I have to find a place to put it when I bring the new stuff back.  I think we need one more day of stocking before we can really do that. 

We got everything done, happily.  I did my God Time after we got home and I took a nap (!!).  I'm liking the heated mattress pad. 

One interesting thing I learned from my pill book, if you are taking penicillin, you have to be careful what you take it WITH.  Acidic drinks like soda (even diet!), lemonade, juices, will damage the drug and make it less effective. 

I had a little whoops this morning but I will be careful from now on.  I figure God knows I didn't mean to do it, and allowed enough to stick around and to the job. 

I'll just be so glad when I'm finally better.  I'm still blowing out green/yellow crap so hopefully all the crud in my nose is dying. 

It also confirms I did have a sinus infection.  I think I caught it from the cart attendant at Sam's Club who said "I get sick a lot". 

At any rate, I also got some salad.  Dark leafy greens, premixed, and some dressing.  Of course I got dressing all over my shirt last night but I will put a towel on when I'm eating tonight, or something. 

I figure half a hamburger and a salad ought to hold all my medication tonight  I'm trying to take my antibiotics and 6 and 6.  The other one goes 8 and 8. 

I'll just be glad when this is done! 

No comments: