Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Am I petty today?

I have a full blown head cold. 

When I was a kid, we had "head colds" and "chest colds" (bronchitis).  Neither went to a doctor, an attitude I support. 

If it's a virus, Doc can't do anything for it. 

Anyway, lying in bed at 4 AM, just TOO depressing to think about getting up, taking my shower, doing my God time.  I went back to sleep for another hour and hit the snooze a couple times. 

I think Biscuit was worried I wouldn't have time to feed him!  I did. 

We went to work.  Our soda delivery came around 8:30.  The Dock Expeditor was shouting at me to move the truck because "He needed it for express mail".  As it turns out, during the entire delivery the area remained clear.  He didn't need it at all.  If I were petty, I would say I hope the next vending machine rips him off. 

I haven't decided if I'm petty today. 

Anyway, I helped.  We got it all put up and then I helped Ron stock.  We have everything go in a sequence, so Ron knows, Diet Dr, regular Dr, Big Red, orange, etc.  He was stocking stuff before I had even put it all away. 

My cold had me uncomfortable but not miserable. 

A lot better than last week and that bladder infection! 

I try to stay positive, even when I'm depressed.  I slept pretty good, too, considering. 

We came home.  I do feel bad about my drivers, but for all I know, one of them gave this to me.  My only other option: riding the bus, and exposing even more people to my cold. 

I ate a small snack, shared my cheese with Biscuit and Gravy (they are cheese-heads), and went to bed for a couple hours.  I slept as long as I could, my immune (and yours) system is most active when I'm sleeping. 

I am trying to eat a lot of protein as well, and avoid sugar.  I don't have much of an appetite which is pretty standard for me, sick.

Ron and I went out for hamburgers last night.  I mentioned my possible entry into a CNA/Home health aide program.  He loved it. 

Good to know I will have his support, if he balks on accommodating the hours I need for school I won't be able to manage.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have the crud and yes it is better than a uti for sure ..feel better soon Heather

Anonymous said...

I read your entire post and thought you had said "am I pretty today " in your title

I realized you then said "petty"

yes you are "pretty" and no you are not "petty" if it matters what I think ?