Thursday, January 7, 2016

Optional

Still sick. 

Last night, the highlight would have had to be me, coughing, with a breath mint in my mouth.  Doc told me once, years ago, any "hard candy" will work as a "cough drop". 

Anyway, I got to coughing, wheezing, and inhaled the mint.  It got stuck in my esophagus, thank God.  Imagine if I'd inhaled it!  It eventually dissolved on it's own.  In the meantime I had to deal with a hard lump in my throat in addition to my other symptoms. 

Ron was very sympathetic.  I thought that was sweet.  I feel he fails me sometimes, and I know he feels the same, but he's been a good guy in this. 

Last night he told me he's scared I'm leaving him.  I told him I'm not (and I'm not), I just want some job protection in case something happens to him.  He said nothing would.  I didn't argue. 

When I got up, I contacted my aunt, who understandably was not interested in lunch with viral vector #1.  My cousin agreed.  This is the second time we had to reschedule due to my problems.  I don't see myself as having that kind of life, but I guess I do, sometimes. 

Ron gave me today and tomorrow off, so I've been taking the cold medicine I can handle (not much), trying to rest as much as possible, coughing, and blowing my nose a lot. 

I worry this thing will get up in my sinuses so I am taking some herbal measures as well.  Ugh. 

I suspect the antibiotics affected my resistance, normally I don't get colds.  When was the last time I got a cold?  I don't know, but half my cold medicine is expired.  We have various viruses going around, but no more than usual, I'd say. 

I had to take the antibiotics for the bladder infection.  THAT was not optional. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is your blog but i wanted to share so you know you have friends who really do struggle
And think of you
Worst panic attack ever, i had a horrid experiance and realized when i got home...my meds had been " done up " as you say..wrong for a week! People dont get just how sensitive the brain is and think we can " manage" well we can when our meds are right, we eat well and get enough " quality sleep" as you say. Then shitstorms hit and we not only have to handle storms, but keeping our meds in order during them .
Thank you for being such a good role model and sharing