Friday, January 8, 2016

4 hour pills

I didn't sleep too well last night, but I got a 3 hour nap and then a 4 hour.  I took it. 

This is my second day off, Ron says he is giving me three.  I'll take it. 

I got up, took my meds, took my shower, did my God Time.  Then we went to Walmart.  I felt really bad about it but I needed some medication. 

Ron opted to stay up front, away from me.  I couldn't blame him.  I sound pretty awful.  I have a horrible dry, hacking, cough, and a runny nose.  Coughing can involve gasping for air and it's not fun. 

I did take all my medication, though.  Happy about that. 

I got some combo medication, but the Sudafed in it makes me manic.  Not knowing that, I got some straight Sudafed... I can always give that to drivers when they complain of sinus troubles.  I got some 12 hour mucus pills with a cough suppressant - I'm pinning a lot of hopes on them.  Last night I had to wake up and take an additional dose of my 4-hour pills. 

Wouldn't that be great if we only got a cold for 4 hours?  Awesome. 

I only have one issue with Ron, who alternates between support and fear of contagion (I tell him he would have already got it by now): the heater.  He likes to run it very warm in here, upper 70's.  I'd love it to be in the 60's.  The hot, dry, air is very irritating but I don't want to freeze him, either.  I sneak the thermostat down if it gets unbearable. 

My aunt swears by Zicam, so I got some of that, too.  Ideally one takes it at the start of the cold, but hopefully it will also work late-stage.  If nothing else I'll have it for next time. 

I already had the 4 hour mucus pills on hand, from a viral sinus infection some time ago.  They cause a miserable hour of drainage and hacking, followed by clear passages and silence.  Hell of a tax.  That's why I hope the 12 hour stuff with the cough suppressant will help more. 

I also got cat food and stuff for Ron, so everyone's happy.  Biscuit eats a lot of canned food.  He's a little terrorist, he gets up on my desk and walks on the keyboard.  Fool that I am, I get up and give him a can, so to him, it's just making an order.  He was lying on the spacebar earlier, purring, some function window open in the background with script.  I checked, he ate everything I gave him earlier (rather, they did, the other cats eat the canned also), so he got another. 

The vet will be thrilled to hear about this.  She wants them on canned food.  It just took a while to find a family favorite. 

Biscuit also threw up on the floor, but it was easy enough to clean.  He just has trouble eating dry food.  I suspect that may be one reason he got dumped nearly a year ago. 

That's right, Rescue Day is coming up.  I plan to give them two cans of cat food, one for each boy, and a cut up cheese stick.  They love cheese sticks. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sucks to be down! Sorry you are sick. You really need a retful bit of " time off"

Everyone needs a break or you hit the wall
Much love
Heather feel better soon