Monday, January 11, 2016

Careful

Well, Ron gave me three days off, back to work on Sunday, lots of stocking and wiped out my inventory.  This morning, back to work, got a delivery, went to the warehouse, got a truckload of supplies, loaded, back to work, unloaded, onto carts, into the building, vending machines, and stockroom. 

At least it wasn't raining this time, unlike last week! 

Symptoms: mainly, miserably congested with a nasty postnasal drip cough.  My period finally finished.  I can only breathe through my mouth at night, which makes it difficult to sleep.  I am managing to catch some sleep in 1 and 2 hour increments, and it's apparently "enough" for now.  I have to lay still, patiently calming myself, before I can drop off. 

What can I take?  Well, not decongestants, and not for a couple of reasons.  1.  They contraindicate my medication.  2.  They don't really work.  3.  They make me manic. 

Remember the part about lying quietly in bed?  Yeah.  Impossible with a mania. 

Let me tell you, lying in bed quietly breathing through my mouth, managing the anxiety, is exhausting.  If anything's going to make me fall asleep... it's that. 

What can I take?  Well, so far my only contender has been the 12 hour guiafenesen with cough suppressant.  They don't sell the cough suppressant by itself, not that I could see, so I got that.  Clearly I can't take the Sudafed formulas.  It helps, appreciably, minimal side effects other than an odd taste and a very dry mouth and throat at times, but workable. 

And I can work, I'm not just lying there hacking up a lung.  I did some laundry and I'm being very careful about my diet, only eating high quality proteins, fats, and carbs. 

I just wish I weren't so tired and congested. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salt water nose flush? 1 cup warm water 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking soda
use netty pot or bowl, do a search it is amazing something so simple works far better than pills
that and hot sour soup