Saturday, January 16, 2016

When I get depressed and hungry

Yesterday was a long day.  I had to get up at 2.  The night before, Ron, upset about various things, decided to get drunk and make a lot of noise, so I didn't fall asleep until probably 9. 

The next day, he was shocked to hear he hadn't been quiet.  I thought it was a pretty cheap shot to take at a sick person who needed her sleep.  I know it wasn't intentional, but as he was drinking, he kept telling me "I might have a problem, make a video".  I told him the next day it isn't my job to make a video, it is his job to be responsible so I don't have problems. 

Anyway, the only good thing I could see: I had a couple of hours to drink my diet caffeinated sodas before I came up on Antibiotic Time.  I can't have sodas around that, they could damage the penicillin. 

We went to work and I did what I could.  They sent out soda delivery to Crosby and it took a while to get it back.  Then, some of the cases were damaged, but we got the rest and put it away. 

We finally left around 10 and went home.  I managed to get a nap.  Ron had wanted to get some takeout, but changed his mind later. 

About the time I had planned to go to bed, my breathe-right nasal strip firmly attached, my medication taken, my nose irrigated, vitamins taken... one of the neighbors decided to play loud music.  It wasn't as loud as it could have been but it was persistent.  Ron, I think, called the police and had that corrected. 

It is a quiet neighborhood.  If you're looking for a place where everyone's playing their loud polkas every Friday night, this is not the place, you'd be better off looking off Airline Drive.  But if you want peace and quiet at 8 PM most every night, we're it. 

I fell asleep and slept late.  waking up at 7:30.  tfgrr (Biscuit is helping). 

I got up and did my God time (did it yesterday, too), ate a decent breakfast, and took my medication.  I was very careful to take it with iced tea and not soda. 

I'm less congested, but I'm still draining and coughing.  I haven't seen any green/yellow crud lately, so that's good.  I believe the infection is clearing up, it's just taking a while. 

I've been eating a big salad every night with dinner in the hopes of improving my nutrition.  Offhand, that was the one single thing I felt would do the most good.  [cough cough]  But I didn't get this run-down overnight, and I won't get better overnight either. 

I just need to be patient.  Boy, I have really taken my health for granted. 

It's interesting, though, when I am physically sick a couple of things happen: 1.  I lose my appetite (still have none) and 2.  My mood goes average (pretty much still).  When I'm better, I get depressed and hungry. 

I'll be glad, I guess, when that happens. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the one time I was on steroids for a sinus infection I cleaned my house top to bottom and cooked and ate like a sumo wrestler it was like a bonus mania and felt really good. All the arthritis pain i have usually went right away. I called it my sinus infection vacation. hope you are doing better sorry Ron had to find an excuse to drink but he was bound to and at least you are getting to feeling better. thanks for sharing the good and bad