Saturday, January 23, 2016

Lovely, and sad.

Yesterday was a long, exhausting, and depressing day.  I woke up early, went to work, did heavy manual labor organizing and clearing my carts.  I have very limited storage, and store a lot of bottled drinks on the carts.  However, I desperately needed more snack inventory so I had to clear the carts, so I could use them, to bring more inventory into the building, so I could stock. 

The apex of that was Ron and the water.  I had brought him some water on a cart, it looked like he needed 3 cases.  He made a big point, of yelling at me in front of the customers, how I was "stupid" "a bad helper" and such because he needed 4 cases. 

I finally walked off, making "yak yak" motions with my hand and shaking my head.  This, unfortunately, is pretty common with Ron at work.  He is verbally abusive - from rude to downright filthy.  Up to this point, no one has said anything or even made a comment, but yesterday one guy exclaimed "Oh wow." during the height of Ron's ravings. 

Ron waited until well past the last minute to leave and I had to chase him out of the building.  A customer chased me down.  I told her I had to leave. 

"This won't take a minute.  I want you to know you are appreciated.  We know you bust your butt for us every day and we really appreciate it.  You bust your butt, you help him a lot, you're a hard worker, and you remember we appreciate you." 

I was shocked.  I guess she had heard the tirade. 

She's the first person who ever bothered to say something to me.  It's lovely, and tragic, all at the same time.  15 years of him shouting at me at work.  Finally someone has something nice to say. 

Normally I just get complaints. 

I didn't tell Ron, and won't. 

He doesn't see what he does as wrong and there is no way I can convince him.  God will have to work on him with that. 

Happily I got a little encouragement.  We went to the store.  I got my supplies, a teetering stack of potato chips higher than my head, and a lot of other products.  We came back to work. 

I unloaded the truck onto my empty carts and brought everything into the building, then I stocked my tragic, empty, machines. 

I don't think we can take 2 days in a row anymore. 

I got my end done, except for pastries.  I ran out of time on that. 

Ron did all his stuff, it seemed to take a lot longer than usual.  I don't know why.  Maybe because he had more time.  We came home.  I went to bed early. 

I slept late, for me, 7:30.  I thought it was at least nine or so. 

I got up and did my God Time, then Ron and I decided to run some errands on the bus.  It took Ron forever to get ready. 

I was quite annoyed to find out he has lost both his coats.  He must have carried it onto paratransit, set it on the seat, and gotten out, leaving it behind.  It's frustrating.  Just wear the coat, or leave it at home.  Don't drag it around and then complain you lost it. 

It makes me annoyed because I do so much picking up after him already, now I have to check the backseat every time he gets out and make sure he isn't leaving something.   That's something the driver should do, anyway.  890pooooo  Biscuit says hello. 

I get a lot of cat hair in my keyboard. 

Ron's wheelchair has also been damaged, by lazy drivers who hook the securement into the grip on the wheel, and not the frame as they should.  Now I've got a whole part about to fall off the wheelchair. 

Ron just called me "mindless" as regards my faith.  Now, I let other people make conclusions.  I've had a hard time lately, Ron's negativity is like acid, eating away.  I'm just trying to keep my head above water.  It's ironic because he told me once he wouldn't date me unless I had a faith in God. 

He's had three drinks just in the last hour.  I hope it's a quiet night.. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron's a little b--ch that's for sure. The fact that he screams and yells even in public is disturbing to say the least. If I worked in that building I would be video-taping him and making a formal complaint to management about his behavior. Not to mention I would have called him out about it right then and there. Most people won't say a word though and just let the abuser continue abusing.

You know the drill by now. Quiet, followed by random explosions of anger from him. This will never change. Yes he is a prime witness for god - not that I believe in god anyway, but still. What a loser. I hope you do decide to take those nursing assistant classes, so you can have a way to support yourself without him.