Saturday, October 3, 2015

Truck day, glorious weather

It got down in the 50's last night, so I threw an extra couple blankets on the bed.  One cotton bedspread, 3 fleece blankets, one wool blanket (in between the other layers).  I was very comfortable. 

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, or as long, but I didn't have nightmares. 

I decided to try my porridge.  I bought it yesterday.  It is a mixture of ground beans and grains.  It is faintly sweet.  However, it was very runny at the directed amount of water.  I'll try it again tomorrow at half the suggested water. 

It wasn't bad, though, just different. 

I ate an energy bar to be sure, and took my medication. 

We went to the warehouse, and got a LOT of merchandise.  Ron called, at one point, while I was pushing the fully laden hand cart, by body at a 45 degree angle.  He wanted to know why I was panting, when I answered.  "I was pushing" I choked.  "Oh". 

I had not one, but two, nice young men help me load.  Ron had a colitis attack as we got to work, so he was out of the picture for a while.  I unloaded what I could, checked on Ron, and brought him out to help push the drinks to the tailgate, so I can remove them. 

That's "our deal". 

He had another colitis attack.  I don't think potatoes are on the good list.  We'll let Doc tell him that, Monday. 

I got everything into the building, and began stocking.  Ron didn't need much help today.  We got it all done just in time. 

We had a good ride home, and took a  nap.  #6 made some noise but not a tremendous amount.  I still slept. 

The weather here is glorious, low 80's/upper 70's, sunny and breezy.  This is why people spend so much money to live in CA and Hawaii. 

We're going out to dinner, imminently.  If anything interesting occurs I will update. 


No comments: