Sunday, April 29, 2012

Love of most

Ron and I remind each other of 2 Timothy Chapter 3, on a regular basis.


2 Timothy 3:1-5

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

2 Timothy 3

Difficult Times Ahead
 1 But know this: Difficult times will come in the last days. 2 For people will be lovers of self,lovers of money, boastful, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good,4 traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to the form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people!


Difficult times, indeed.  I just did a profoundly depressing search on my local news site.  

I wanted to cite an article about a woman who killed her newborn, so, I input "mother kills newborn".  I got over 102 links.  

Poor, helpless infants killed in horrifying manners.  I won't detail.  If you're feeling curious you can go look it up for yourself.  

I'm sitting in my chair, struck with shock and horror; and glad I do have my faith.  

God said it WOULD get this bad.  

Matthew 24:12 
Due to the wickedness of men, the love of most will grow cold.  

No comments: