Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When Disaster Strikes

No, not at my house, praise God.  Tornadoes in Dallas, not very far away.

When disaster strikes; Ron always wants to call the insurance agent and chat.  She's a nice lady.  She got a kick out of his last 2 "claims" - flipped over doormats after hurricanes.

Me?  I want to do a Bible Handout.  I always think people are scared, hurting, and "shook up" - wanting answers and comfort in a scary world.  I immediately go to handout.

Last year, I sent a case of New Testaments to a woman near Joplin, for handout.  I don't know if she did.  She never said anything to me, but that's in God's hands.    The point is, I mailed them.

Now, I am itching to get up to Dallas and do a Bible Handout.  Let them know I'm praying, hand them a Bible, and, ideally, hug them.  I'm a hugger.

Does God even want me in Dallas?  Good question.  I plan to talk to the church and see if they have any "outreach" planned.  If they do, maybe I can hitch a ride.  It's not hard for me to do a Free Bibles setup.  Stick me somewhere, with some traffic, my sign, a couple cases of Bibles at my feet.  I'll pray, ideally God sends hungry souls looking for Him.

I ordered some excellent tracts from Grace and Truth - "Why Does God Allow Trouble" and "The Value of Trials".  I would love to stuff them into some Bibles.

Yeah, I may sound irreverent but I am completely committed to evangelism.  So, if you pray, pray with me and ask God to show me His will.

If I don't go to Dallas, I'll do a Houston Handout.  Oh, boy.  Maybe I could even do two!

A Houston Handout, and then a Dallas.

Oh, awesome.

No comments: