Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How do I spend it?

Ugh.  I've got a nasty headache today.  [cue whining, fast-forward]  However, the Excedrin did the trick, the caffeine "rebooted" me and gave me enough energy to start cleaning the house.

I'm not clear on the cause of my current fatigue.  I think it's both the Haldol, and the lithium.  I'm not eliminating either, and I would far rather be tired than nauseated.

A family member said awful things happened to them on the "new" mood stabilizers, so even if I could afford it (ha!), I wouldn't want to go that route.  I just have to accept it.

Ron looked in the freezer last night, and was impressed at my collection of TV dinners.  I told him it wasn't easy to for me to accept: I don't have the energy to cook dinner, or do the dishes, so I might as well eat something precooked.  He told me I was being smart, and I am.  It's a lot healthier for me to eat a TV dinner than to sit in my chair with the spoon and the jar of peanut butter.  [wince]

I have to figure out how to budget the energy I do have.  How do I spend it?

No comments: