Saturday, April 7, 2012

Like a virus

I think even the non-believers will have a laugh over my enthusiasm.

Today was a tough morning.  I had to get up so early, both Ron and I slept poorly (I think, too much caffeine).

Ron was pretty moody and grim.  I was sucking down Diet Mountain Dew and wishing for a mania.  I managed to do my Bible study but not the prayer part of my God Time.

We went to the grocery store, and got a few things.  I needed a few personal items (toothpaste, etc), and Ron needed to pick up some soda for work.  I got them, paid, and we went to work.

We got to work and the food machine was acting up.  It was speaking "Chinese" - unintelligible characters, flowing across the display in a very alarming manner.  I fixed it with a reboot, praise God.

Yes, I pray over the down vending machines.  And the ones that are working.  My faith is in pretty much every part of my life.

We stocked what we could; sales were bad.  It's somewhat expected for a holiday weekend, but I still have potato chips, in the snack machines, that I purchased weeks ago.  It used to be I would move a hundred count case in a week.  The case I bought?  It was a 50-count.

They picked us up to take us to the Christian bookstore.  We had a very long ride.  One woman kept interrogating the other passengers in a rather alarming manner.  I was glad Ron and I were already wearing our headphones.

The driver explained he had many more stops before he dropped us off.  I decided to do the prayer portion of my God Time.  I got that, it was a little bouncy, but I only got a little carsick.

I wasn't even 1/4 as queasy as I'd been before I started the Haldol.  Even if it didn't work, fantastically, as an antipsychotic, I would love it for getting rid of the nausea.

I'm a little queasy now, but I know that's just because I'm hungry.  I don't get hungry.  I get queasy, and then I need to eat.  Weird, huh?

We finally made it.  We went in and filled it up.

The store had signs everywhere: BIBLE SALE.  You KNOW what happened, don't you?

I found some really excellent evangelism New Testaments, normally a dollar, for 54 cents each.  I grabbed a huge armload (Ron was in the back).

A guy, sarcastically, said "I think you missed a couple down there".  I was counting.  I had enough money to buy 48, and turned to him and smiled.  "Could you get me 12 more, please?"  Then another woman wanted to know what was so exciting and I explained all the features, how it's easy to give them away, and she bought most of the rest.

Like a virus, I want to reproduce myself.  I admit it.  I love to "turn people on" to Bible Handouts.

Ron and I got some lunch (after I made my haul), and got a nice straight trip home.  Yay!

Then, praise God, I got a nap.  It was a good nap.  Just long enough.  If I sleep too long, I get nightmares.

I'm a little manic right now but that will be easily fixed with the evening dose.

No comments: