Sunday, April 8, 2012

Signs, signs

Thank you, Biliophile!

I'm doing a little better after medication.  I'm just battling the no-energy aspect of things, feeling a little hopeless.   I battle a depression at least every month, often more.  It's just my price of admission.

I absolutely know it's my illness talking; or, as Ron says, "My motor backfires".

Speaking of, I am pretty proud of how I took care of myself.  I ate a small lasagna (the one-portion size), took my medication, and took a lovely bath with a fluffy inspirational romance novel.

I have enough energy to THINK about doing laundry, something I deeply lacked, and I have the energy to change the pillowcases.  Maybe there's a trick I don't know, but I am having a horrible time washing my (longer) hair in the bathtub.  I can't get it to lather!

I might get my solar shower thing and try hooking that up, outside, and running the hose down into the tub.  Cups of water, and dunking my head, just don't work very well.

When I was a child, and took tub baths daily, I had much shorter hair and it was very easy to keep clean.  However, being married - it seems like every man in the world, including my husband, likes a woman with long hair!

And he asked so cutely... I couldn't say no.

We listened to some music on satellite TV.  He was very excited to hear "Signs" by, the 5-Man Electrical Band.  "Signs, signs, everywhere a sign..." I had a flash to my Free Bibles sign, thought about all the LOOKS I get during a handout, and thought....

That would make a fantastic video, the song "Signs", while I handed out Bibles and waved mine around.  But I would NEVER compromise the privacy of my recipients.  That's a sacred trust.  That, and praying for them daily!

Which, happily, I've already done.  It was a little incoherent but God got the gist.

Oh, and my thoughts are better too.

No comments: