Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A very small price to pay

As I was tallying my day, I thought, it didn't sound very fun!

Got up at 5 AM.  Shower, God Time.  Headache.  Took Excedrin.  Ate breakfast, took medication.  Horribly queasy for several hours afterward.

We went to the wholesale warehouse.  I got some supplies.  I forgot to buy a cup from the register, so I had to go to the deli to buy a cup (I had vainly hoped some diet carbonation might help the nausea).  While standing at the counter, I realized I could not feel more nauseous.

Generally, I avoid buying Ron a hot dog because the smell makes me gag.  Something about the Wellbutrin, hates sausage.  The scent of the hot dog makes me ill.

However, I didn't feel any worse, smelling it now, so I went ahead and got Ron one.  He sure didn't mind.

We had a good ride to work, I got the handcart and stocked the machines.  The repairman came out and we fixed the food machines.  I did a pull, tallied it, and we went to the bank to deposit.

I told Ron I would wait a week on my pay, so he can cover some expenses.  We plan to do that.

Work was good, but my foot started aching.  I forget I have a broken bone, in my foot, and it doesn't like a lot of standing and walking.  I'm functional, but it throbs.

From that point on, I only stood and walked when necessary.  I keep wanting to go out and do something, take a long walk, have a Day Out, but I would just harm myself.

Remember my birthday back in 2009?  (It's under September)  I wore new shoes and ended up with awful blisters all over both feet.  I don't want to end up like that.

Would I have done the Bible Handout, knowing I'd break a toe (a few days later) and limit my mobility for weeks?  Absolutely.  I'd endure far worse.

It's a very small price to pay.

We came home, and I was so queasy I skipped lunch.  We got the wheelchair and there's the ride.  We went to Fry's electronics.  My old speakers (very old) had broken.  Ron was insistent, he'd buy me new ones.  I thought I could do fine with headphones, but he said no.  Absolutely not.

For a blind man, sound is king.  The thought of his wife without good sound was just abhorrent.   He said he could spend a certain amount, no more.

I thought that sounded like way more than I needed.  So, he got in the wheelchair and off we went.

I brought my MP3 player.  I wanted to see how my music would sound.  I cued up "King Christ".  That's a good one for bass.  It sounded OK in one.  I found another one, a few dollars more.  I liked it for some reason.  It was a Creative Labs.  I had a horrible time with one of their sound cards about 12 years ago.  I have never been a fan, but I figured why not.

KING CHRIST!  KING CHRIST!  

Well.  That was pretty impressive.  I tried a few others but kept coming back to the Creative.  It's an A220.  It cost $30.  Even after a keyboard for Ron, a flash drive for Ron, and dinner at the deli, it was well under budget.

Yay!  All around win!  Too bad my foot was screaming!  Ron could tell I was limping and told me to get into the wheelchair.  After we paid, and went outside, I actually did.  I found a seat for Ron.

We had a good ride home.  I'm sitting as much as possible.

I wanted to go to my dollar store tomorrow....Ron is taking me on paratransit.

No way I'd make it on the bus.

Ha.  Me and my "Old evangelism injuries".  This is right up there with the hives and the bb to the ankle (bounced off, left a WHOPPER bruise, back in 2009), but well above the cat bite from that demonic stray cat, also in 2009.

2009 was a pretty hard year for me.  I hope 2012 is better!

Oh, and I took all my noon and PM medication at dinner, at Fry's.  A little late, I think.  I was starting to run a little paranoid.

No comments: