Thursday, February 9, 2012

I have no problem with dying for my faith

No, I'm not depressed, not yet at least.  Do you ever wonder what people will say about you, after you're dead?  Maybe that's just something unique to my own special blend.

Some Texas missionaries were killed, in Mexico, recently.

It's hard for their families and friends that they died, but it is awesome that they are now in Heaven.  People said lovely things about them.

It got me wondering what people would say at my funeral.  "Did Heather ever give you a Bible?  Raise your hand"  (hopefully a lot of hands)  "She shared her faith with everyone"  "She had a heart for the unreached".  Well, I won't be there to hear it but I hope they mark my faith.

I'm sure this will sound completely bent, but I think it would be really cool if I did die doing something for God.  He's done so much for me.  I could finally meet Him and hopefully reach a lot more unreached.

I don't fear death.  Not at all.  Frankly, the idea of a very long life is horrifying.  

I actually have quite a few "martyr" themed songs, which I'm sure some will find deeply alarming.  Let me define: I would be happy to die for my faith.  I would NEVER kill for it.  I won't own a gun, and that's practically treason here in Texas.

Anyway, my playlist features "Martyr" by Theocracy, "Signed up to Die" by Thi'sl (try singing that one in public and you will terrorize the normals, not just scare them), "Fanatics" - "I'll rep Christ 'till I D I E",  "Nailed" (They'll say that I must be burned), you get the idea.

I have no problem with dying for my faith.  In my eyes, LIVING for my faith is the terrifying, difficult, prospect.  A task I can only manage, appropriately enough, with God's help.  Ron died in the accident.  He swears God flips a circuit breaker and you don't feel a thing - considering the man got hit by a car, while walking, and then dragged 2 blocks, I'm inclined to believe him.

God needs me working, on Earth, for now.  Today I handed out 5 Bibles.  I was happy to do it.  Sure, some people acted weird.  One recipient acted like the Bible was rabid, but she took it.  I don't care if someone laughs at me, points, or stares, if it means they might take a Bible.

I hate it when people stare, but not on a handout.  I'd do it naked if it meant more recipients.

Many people, take a Bible while laughing at me, when I'm doing a handout.  That's fine.  I don't care if you laugh at me, if I can share my faith.

My God is FANTASTIC.  I don't see how anyone makes it without Him.

Don't forget, I'm praying for you every day.  ((((hugs)))

No comments: