Friday, February 3, 2012

Exodus 18:18

I found it funny.  The other day, Ron wanted to play me some music.

We have redundant systems, my music is backed up on his PC, etc.  So, he had access to my entire library. Which one did he choose?

"Dum Dum" by Tedashii.  You can Youtube it; basically he says "I don't care if they think I'm a dum-dum, I'm still going to preach the gospel".

I had to mention it; the song just came up on my playlist.

Today has gone surprisingly well.  Sam got back to me regarding the tracts; they will print them up for me. I already sent them a donation, enough to cover the tracts, shipping, and tracts for some other distributor.  I have a really hard time asking for help with the Bible Handouts; but my bible study today had Exodus 18:18 - where Moses' father in law, Jethro, tells him "You need to ask for help; you can't do it on your own."  Good point, Lord.

Happily, that means I only need to run to the Bible store and get some more for the handout.  I'm happy to do that, and I may get Ron's help for that trip.  It's really hard to lug bibles home on the bus; although sometimes they sight of a cart brimming with Bibles ends up triggering a mini-handout!  [grin]  I'll pray on that.

I thought today would be really harsh, but it isn't.  I credit it to people praying for me; I let them know on Facebook.  I had some whopper headaches from caffeine withdrawal.

I intend to taper on that.  I had some stay awake pills in the disaster kit.  I'll take one a day for a few days.  Then half a pill.  Then a quarter.  I have a pill cutter so I can do it.

Today, though, I got into the Excedrin, which of course has caffeine.  Tomorrow I start the taper.

I've done well, just drinking water and low carb foods.  I intend to have a whey shake every day - it's good protein and best of all, I can take my medication.

It can be rather challenging to find a menu item; filling enough to take the medication without stomach pains, not greasy, easily tolerated when queasy, etc.  The shakes fit the bill.

I can't abide those processed, pre made shakes.  I get horrible migraines if I even look at them.  So I put the powdered whey into milk.

I took it pretty easy today; just Walmart and home.  Took a nap.  I feel good, except for an awful taste in my mouth.

I plan to check out Stash tea for some nice decaf teas.  That would be a nice reward for staying on plan.  I got some cheap generic brand decaf teas today at Walmart.  They aren't bad, and have antioxidants if nothing else.

Tomorrow we run to a feed store.  Ron offered to take me, I accepted.

No comments: