Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"A big one carried him off"

We went into work and someone had put notes on the machines, saying they had bugs (they don't).  Nice attack on our business.

I found it kind of an odd answer for my problem.  I didn't have any inventory; we had spent the months' budget and have to wait until March to buy more.  I worried the machines would look bad, and empty.  Kind of irrelevant, after that.

Now, as a counter, let's talk about nasty people.  People who bring in a lunch and leave it on the shelf for a week.  People who leave an open can of soda on the shelf for 4 days.  The same can.  I left a telltale, it would have fallen if someone had actually accessed the soda.  If a bug is going to visit, don't you think it's going to go for the nasty leftovers and the open can of soda?   These shelves are maybe 4 yards from the vending machines.

However, I am up to my armpits in the machines, stocking them every day.  I haven't seen anything, and I would.  All the food is completely wrapped, and hygienic.

[sigh]  Which makes me wonder.  Why?

Well, it's an attack, that's obvious.

I think Ron and I handled it well.  The coffee machine can get messy, so Ron cleaned it.  Some talkative people saw him, and I opened the vending machine for anyone with a question.  It's not our end.

Humanity.

Oh, and I stocked the "bad" machine today.  Didn't see anything.  I'd eat off the floor if you wanted.

 "George" came by, saw me reaching into the machine.  "Look out!  The bugs will get you!"

I grinned back at him.  "What do you think happened to Ron?  A big one carried him off about 10 minutes ago!"

No comments: