Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dear dog, please let me sleep!

To start it off, I'll cheat a little [insert "neighbor's dog barking all night for several nights in a row, going to make me snap....SHUT UP DOG rant"]  I started off rather sleep deprived.

I asked God to help me, I would need the help.  [What really bugs me, the stupid dog is completely quiet now.  Probably getting a nice long rest so it can bark all night again.]

I could type out a whole tirade, all the many reasons I don't like dogs, but I will save that for a day when I'm better rested and calmer.  On this poor foundation, I had to get up at 5 AM.  I delayed my God Time.

No headache at first but boy it showed up later.  I am getting desperate.  Will these things never end?  Do I need to taper on soda?  Caffeine?  Aspartame?

Something is clawing at my window.  I really don't want to know what that is.  I will call it my cat.  However, it is not saying meow, either.

We had a long trip to the wholesale warehouse, it was so late dropping us they had to change our pickup.  I got our supplies.  We had a good ride to work.  I stocked everything, but a lot of stress.  The headache throbbed.

[Whatever was at the window went away]  I was just tired and cranky.  Is it too much to want a good night's sleep?

I did everything I needed to do, except mashing down the cardboard.  About that time, I got hungry.

That's when I remembered: I had planned to buy myself some meat sticks at the whole sale club.  I just tell them it is a "personal" and pay tax on it (items for resale are exempt, and we only exempt items we sell, then pay sales tax as required).  Agh!

I looked in my bag.  I had very little money, only a few dollars.  I decided to shop at the competition.   I took a few dollars and went to the other vendor's area.  Ah.  Meat sticks.  I got 2 packages and took my lithium.

One of my snack machines was "biting" the customers.  They couldn't get their snacks out of the machine, it was locking down on their hands.  Ooops.  It even "bit" me!  I got the screwdriver and opened it up.  Ron kept making helpful comments like "Don't break it" and "Maybe you should wait for the repairman".

I finally told him, I've been fixing your machines for 10 years.  Do you want me to stop now so you can pay someone else to do it?  He "let' me finish  I prayed about it and figured out which screw needed adjustment.  All done.

I saved Ron, and the State program, $65.

Finally, time to go home.  I was starving and kept having visions of delicious bacon cheeseburgers.  About the time we got home, our buddy Chuck showed up.  Yay!  Bunless bacon cheeseburger for me, and a trip to the liquor store for Ron.

I didn't help.  I waited in the car.

When we got home my tracts had arrived.  Yay!  They look great.  I guess today is just part and parcel; the stress that goes before a Bible Handout.

No comments: