Sunday, February 5, 2012

Not the house

Ugh.  I have another squirrel in my soffit.  Very annoying.  I turned on Ron's battery operated radio and left it up there.

Ha!  Ron kept saying I was just hallucinating, he didn't hear anything (well, he wouldn't he's partially deaf, too).  I sat here in my chair.  Rustle, rustle.  Some kind of chewing sound.  I snapped.

I stormed outside and grabbed my rake.  WHACK WHACK.  All the way down the side of the house.  I could hear the scurrying now, I was scaring the heck out of SOMETHING.

It wasn't until after the fact; that I allowed myself to consider it could have been something vicious, up there.  WHACK WHACK!  Scurry!  WHACK!  Running now, and OUT!

"Ha!  I gotcha ya little (profanity referring to illegitimacy)!"  The freaked out squirrel turned and regarded me.  I brandished the rake.  "GET OUT OF MY ATTIC!"  It turned and bolted.  Good.

Too bad we don't have a video blog of that!

I KNEW something was up there.  I could hear it every day at sundown.

My main problem is the show "infested".  It's a show on TV about people who suffered infestations of bugs, spiders, rodents, squirrels, etc.  It's impossible to sleep after watching the show, yet it's oddly compelling.  [shudder]

Thank you, Jesus, that it WAS a squirrel.  A raccoon, possum, or rat would have been dreadful, and I've seen all 3 in the neighborhood.

When I was a kid I liked squirrels, I thought they were cute.  I was wary of them, my adoptive Mom always told me a story of being bitten by a cute baby squirrel she found one day.  Mom fed the birds and by default that means squirrels, so I'm used to them.

They can live in the TREE - not the HOUSE.

1 comment:

Heather Knits said...

Ron will be helping me fix the soffit so the thing can't get in again. Thanks, Ron.