Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Naughty Bits

It got off to a good start:  Ron happily slurping something out of a cup as I staggered out of the bedroom, my head (still) pounding.  "Mmm!  Mmm!"

He heard me.  "Oh, Heather, you are the best cook.  I ate the last of my jar of beans (the pintos with sausage I canned up), and now I'm eating your gumbo (also canned)!   Oh, it's SO GOOD!"  Wow.  That was a nice start.

I can always use a compliment!  I took my "headache relief tablets" and got on the scale.  Oh, up half a pound.  Something told me to get out the tape measure.  I did.  Waist, down half an inch.

I thought about tracking, and posting, my butt measurements but thought that might cause issues with guys.  From what I hear, and I have a limited field here, some guys, have major lust issues and would rather not hear any references to "naughty bits".

I'm sure Ron would tell them to "Suck it up" - a standard reply; but I wouldn't want someone waving a fresh-baked cinnamon roll under my nose, either.  But, then I have to say, well isn't that encouraging some guys to be tyrants?  Do I end up in a burka?

Anyway, I'm sticking with waist measurements only.  Frankly, the thought of some unknown internet pervert getting EXCITED over my hip measurement is revolting.

Once I mashed the headache into a corner, we went to Foodtown.  I had to get some items for Ron, and I did.  Then I got personal groceries.  Canned green beans, I love the things.  So, I got 6 cans.  I got some name brand veggie juice.

I got some hard cheese and then I had a look at the meats.  I was thinking, stir-fry.  I didn't see any stir fry meat but I was drawn to the cube steaks.

If I have a meat weakness, it is cube steaks.  I got a nice package of sirloin bottom round cube steaks for about $6.  The pork chops looked good, not a lot of bone either.  They were only $3, and had a great sell by date.  I'll give Bubba the bones.  If I throw them away, he gets into the cabinet, knocks over the trash, and gnaws the bones anyway.  My cat is a barbarian.

I saw a lot of chuck pot roast.  I am not a fan.  What's that?  Ah, a delicious, small, bottom round roast.  It was very reasonably priced, good sell by date.   Yum.  It's been ages since I had pot roast.

Ron's items took up most of the cart.  I was glad I'd stopped buying soda.

I didn't need any veggies, besides the canned green beans and veggie juice.  I have tons of veggies in the garden.  I need to start eating them.

I'll probably do a stir-fry tonight, with a pork chop or cube steak.

We got home and I was just exhausted.  I put up the groceries (I think I'm still detoxing), and took a long nap.  I woke up and started cleaning the front room, taking out 2 + trash bags.  I organized what was left, all the evangelism stuff is in one area, light bulbs are under the side table, etc.

The horrible headache keeps returning, but I'll ask God to give me a good appetite for dinner.  I'm sure it will be delicious.

No comments: