Sunday, February 19, 2012

Three Peeves and a Cowbird Kiss

OK!  OK!  I will do a video blog and attempt to upload.

Pray for me, I'll need it.

Kind of peeved about a couple of issues, I have to go to bed pretty early.

Short versions:
Christians who don't prepare for any kind of disaster.  The Bible is clear, hard times ahead.  Some are lazy.  Some see it as a faith issue, if I have any "preps" then I am not exhibiting faith in God.  Some, who flat out seem to say, the only way one can demonstrate faith in God is a completely empty larder.  And then they get angry when I say "After the hurricane, I was glad I had the turkey spam.  No fresh meat for weeks.  No vegetables, but I grow my own.  No way to get to the distribution center and no one who brought us food.  No paratransit for a week!  Sure glad I had a couple extra cans in the pantry"  Baffled.  Not sure I want to try to understand.

It's not just internet, I know plenty of regular people who have no disaster kit.  Come on, people.  FEMA says 3 days.  Do you have that, at least?  I pray you do!  I don't think the world is going to improve!

Second peeve, shallow, selfish, exploiters (not Ron).  This one is particularly transparent, and foolish.  I'm not a sugar mama.  Even if I were, issues would block that.  Who hits up low income disabled people for favors and money?   How many times do we have to say no?  We have never "helped", why keep pestering us?   Ron has allowed me some latitude in how I deal with the issue this time, and hopefully they will get the message.

Third Peeve, this is more Ron.
Bubba brought home a cowbird today.  Through the pet door.  They are exceptionally skittish, so the poor thing must have been starving.  I'd fed the birds about an hour earlier.  They wait for me in the trees, now.

Bubba came home, meowing proudly, and brought the live, freaked, cowbird into Ron's room.  He released the bird and it flew into Ron's chest, fluttering frantically.  Ron started shouting at the cat, and really freaked the bird out.  I banished both man and cat, prayed.  I asked God to calm the bird.  The poor little guy was throwing himself into the window.

The bird calmed down a little and I opened the window.  I tried to direct the bird, but he just got upset.  So, I reached over and picked up the bird.  He was very calm.

Whenever I have asked God for help with a bird like that, He's always come through.  It looked so cute, and sweet, in my hand.  It was so calm, I pressed a tiny kiss on the little brown head, before I put him out the window.

I saw him, later (he had a missing feather on his head) outside the window, taunting Bubba.

No comments: