Monday, June 18, 2007

That which doesn't kill me...

Saturday was awesome. Really, a wonderful day. I went shopping at Walmart, made my deposit, and came home and purchased the stuff I've been wanting for a while. I even got my nifty new-to-me digital camera from Mom and Dad! For dessert, I had a delicious treat, sugar-free cherry pie filling on top of sugar free vanilla ice cream. Ron loved it too, he licked the bowl clean. All in all, a very good day.

Sunday we had planned on going to work, then Burger King, Half-Price books (for me, while Ron's at Burger King), and Ron wanted to get some falafel to go from the deli that shares the parking lot with the Burger King. It would have been a lot of fun.

However, the cherries in the cherry pie filling? They were dyed with Red #40. For some reason, I didn't check the label. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Red #40, Yellow #5 and anything to do with nuts, are all migraine triggers.

Yesterday, I was laid up with a horrible kicker of a migraine. Every time I turned or adjusted my position even slightly, it felt like I was getting mule-kicked in the head. Thank GOD I had my trusty Phenergan suppositories. Head-on Migraine is good product, too. It definitely helped.

Ugh. 20 hours of hell, then once I'm upright, I had to go to work. More trying to get my lithium level circus - it looks promising though. I couldn't get my levels today because I didn't take anything yesterday, being prostrate with the migraine.

Now I'm home. I'm going to take a nap and eat safe things today.

Tomorrow, we're going to work, then do all the stuff we wanted to do Sunday.

That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

No comments: