Friday, June 22, 2007

I would be depressed

I've never had this experience until I started taking my pills; I can tell that if I weren't taking them, I'd be seriously depressed. This time (since I got upgraded to 900 mg of Lithium a day) it's even better. The only real symptom I have is not wanting to take a shower.

I like to take my shower at night and let my hair air-dry. Then, I use an elastic to pull it back into my trademark ponytail. But when I'm cycling into depression, I don't want to shower. I have to (pardon, my age is showing) like, force myself to shower. It feels so taxing.

I'm incredibly serious when I say, it's so refreshing to only deal with fatigue and I-don't-want-to-shower. Maybe a stiff joint or some digestive weirdness (very common with any depression), but that's it. Normal is very underrated. It's, (again), like, wow. This rules. I hope I do get used to this.

Since I'm a "rapid cycler" and my illness was undiagnosed for so long, I don't expect easy-quick fixes. I know it's very difficult to manage. But this makes all the hassles of getting my blood levels, prescription side effects, and financial hassles of my illness "totally" worthwhile.

I'd say the most annoying side effects are the dizzy spells. But they're so much better than being sick!

Onto other subjects, I had a great surprise on my doorstep today. My goody box from Paradise fibers arrived, and they got 5 stars in my book.
1. Excellent website, very easy to navigate.
2. Awesome customer service when I called with a question.
3. 800 number for when I did call.
4. Really easy checkout when I made my purchase.
5. FAST shipping.

I had a blast playing with my new toys (thanks to my pills, I could enjoy my purchase). I got over a pound of wool top, a spindle, and a sample card. The sample card has good sized samples of various exotic fibers like llama, yak, and cashmere. It also had some beautiful silk samples.

My favorite fiber is probably the camel/silk blend. Luxurious.

Bubba (my black cat) went wild for the sample card, literally. He jumped in the box, bit the fibers, and began licking them. He seems very partial to the llama.

I'm glad I didn't get any llama fibers.

No comments: