Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Macadamian"

I believe in honesty. A couple hours ago while I was at a cookie shop I overheard something that aggravates me to no end.

Ron and I used to run a deli. We sold Macadamia nut cookies, chocolate chip, and oatmeal rasin (we'd buy them at Sam's Club and repackage them).

"I want one of the Macadamian nut cookies, too" I heard.

Macadamia is singular. Macadamia. "Macadamian" is NOT A WORD! It just makes you sound like an ignorant SLUG!

AGH! I just had to get that out of my system. I used to have such a hard time getting the cookies and handing them over to the customers without saying "It's Macadamia cookies." Or saying "No. We don't sell Macadamian. We only sell Macadamia cookies." But even before my pills, I'd bite my tongue and hand them over with a smile.

STUPID
STUPID
STUPID

Thank you. I needed to get that out of my system.

Hey, I used to call basil "BUH-sil". It's not the bad English that aggravates me, it's SLOPPY English. I'm not a grammar or English expert by any means.

"Macadamian"
AHH!

No comments: